Coin Roll Hunting Question

txsteele

I never even thought about coin roll hunting until I found this site. Now I have another hobby to burn my time.:D I have been through numerous rolls of dimes and nickles with no luck.

Question: What kind of success rate should one expect while hunting?

The last batch of nickels that I CRHed ($40 worth) netted me a total of 2 war nickels. It is hit or miss, sometimes you get lucky though.

Methusela, sometimes you get good rolls, sometimes you get bad rolls. If I hunt a box of nickels I usually end up with 1-2 buffaloes and 1-2 war nickels. I dont hunt dimes or quarters, ther are all picked over. Pennies I usually net at least 4 wheaties per box and I hope to get started on halves very soon. We have a coin roll hunting group under the "user cp" link at the top of the page, feel free to goin.

My luck CRH'ing has been abysmal... totally ZERO finds. However, I have seen more and more finds here on this board and it is making me want to try again.... oh well.... RickO

I haven't CRH'd yet, but I may give it a shot. At least it's a zero risk hobby, trading tit for tat.

Back
Top Bottom