Pure coinshooter?

NMsilver

Elite Member
Looking for a fairly high-performance pure coinshooter to hunt yards, sidewalk strips and parks.
I'm moderately experienced in general detecting. Learned on my Vaquero for my first 4 years, so I know how to go by sound, got an AT gold about 8 months ago thinking I was going to be doing a lot of gold prospecting. Well that hasn't happened and its seen a lot of coinshooting duty but its quite obvious that coinshooting is not its forte (while Vaq causes way too much digging in trashy spots). I'm getting decent on the ATG, but I know that I'm missing goodies when I coinshoot with it.

I want an advanced level pure coinshooter in approximately the $800-1200 range to complement my other two (Vaq.- relics, ATG-prospecting, ???-coinshooting).

The soil where I detect is very mineralized (avg. high 70s on the ATG) and there seems to be a lot of iron junk in the ground.
The detectors I'm considering so far are the Minelab Safari, Teknetics T2 ltd. and Fisher F75. I'm also going to look into Whites. Opinions on these and other brands would be really great.

If you want to hunt iron the Safari is too slow in recovery. The T2 is more of a Relic machine in my opinion. I have the Deus and Racer for hunting right now. The jury is still out on the Racer. I am going to tell you what machine I had for coin shooting and I really miss. The good old E Trac. Just a great machine. Maybe a little slow in the iron compared to some of the quick hitters today, but faster than the Safari and it just does what it was made to do. Find coins.

Whites

Looking for a fairly high-performance pure coinshooter to hunt yards, sidewalk strips and parks.
I'm moderately experienced in general detecting. Learned on my Vaquero for my first 4 years, so I know how to go by sound, got an AT gold about 8 months ago thinking I was going to be doing a lot of gold prospecting. Well that hasn't happened and its seen a lot of coinshooting duty but its quite obvious that coinshooting is not its forte (while Vaq causes way too much digging in trashy spots). I'm getting decent on the ATG, but I know that I'm missing goodies when I coinshoot with it.

I want an advanced level pure coinshooter in approximately the $800-1200 range to complement my other two (Vaq.- relics, ATG-prospecting, ???-coinshooting).

The soil where I detect is very mineralized (avg. high 70s on the ATG) and there seems to be a lot of iron junk in the ground.
The detectors I'm considering so far are the Minelab Safari, Teknetics T2 ltd. and Fisher F75. I'm also going to look into Whites. Opinions on these and other brands would be really great.

NHSilver, I have been detecting for a long time. In my opinion, I would look at the Whites V3I great coin shooter. My last time I went Detecting, I found 4 large cents with the V3I . 3 different frequency, all at once or individual.
Call me I have more info

One of the best coinshooters out there is the GTI2500.
Getting a little dated but easy to learn and you can find a good used one for about $500. Also one of the deepest detectors in the true all metal made made. I use this detector if I need to find small gold chains....most other detectors miss small chains entirely.
The V3i is a great detector...one of the best out there, but a much steeper learning curve.

Best coin shooter I have used is the Minelab E-Trac! Love that machine!

Back
Top Bottom