another dumb do all question

screndname

hi all,
i have a safari currently, i am going to retire next year.
i visit the beach 2x a year, i also hit localy a few creeks/rivers (i have a heavy duty scoop,and waders), countryside detecting, celler holes, and parks.
i want to be able to find small jewelry.
the safari is great on coins, last week i found a 1842 seated liberty dime with it.
i would like one machine, something i can find small jewelry with and all of the above, if that is possible... or one as close to it as i can find.
i would also entertain the thought of keeping the safari and buying a second machine.
a vdi-display i like and i am computer skilled.
$3000 would be the limit.
is there anything on the horizon i should wait for?
some from the bottom limit to the top,what do you all think?
any and all input would be helpfull.

Attachments

• jaw 002.jpg
    jaw 002.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Sounds like you would want a MinelabCTX 3030. For all the different types of hunting you want to do, for that budget, and for the requirements a 3030 might be your best option. And it is an upgrade to the safari, so it might not be as big of a learning curve if your were to move up to it.

I agree with upgrading to the CTX 3030. With a $3,000 budget, that would leave you enough to also buy a Pulse Induction machine after selling your Safari. Then you would be set for the beach and DEEP farm field hunting!

I'm not really a small jewelry expert but if you read around it will be clear that FBS machines like CTX and E-Trac and Explorer/Safari don't do well on small jewelry at all. Neither does Excal.
When you say small I'm thinking earring or necklace clasp.

Like Terry said the only way to have any real luck with smalls is a PI machine, but that means digging insane amounts of bobby pins etc, no iron disc.

If you go with a CTX then you can sell the Safari to offset the cost. That's what I'd do.

The only detector that can find really small gold on a beach in wet salty sand is a PI unit. Detectors like the FBS family do well with stability in that environment, but are small gold dead at more depth. That is the trade off for the stability. In the dry sand a high frequency VLF machine would work well. Even the Deus at 18 kHz works well on small gold.

Back
Top Bottom