I Got Your Gold Mr. Japanese...

Metal Marauder

Elite Member
Got out for a 2 hour hunt today. Went to a new location and was there about 15 minutes when one of the beach workers came up and told me about a Japanese guy who lost a ring on a nearby volleyball court. He even showed me which side of the net to search and the general location. 5 minutes later and BOOM the Dual Field about blew my ears out with a loud crisp belltone. The ring was about 3 or 4 inches deep and I about freaked out when I pulled it out of my scoop. I slipped it quietly into my pocket. I also found a copper colored pendant with the letter M on it and a junk bling ring.

On the way home, I was checking the ring out and I knew I had something special. My wedding band weighs 11 grams and this ring felt way heavier than that. I'm positive the diamond is real and probably about a quarter carat. The worker said the Japanese guy did not want to leave, but the tour bus was heading back to the hotel and he had to get on the bus. I'm still trippin' out. My gosh, what a boat anchor! The pictures tell the rest of the story. I'm also hot on the trail of a very expensive platinum and diamond earring. A tip from the same worker. It took about a month for the Dual Field to pay for itself. Thanks for looking :cool:

Attachments

• OceanJetHunt1 004.jpg
    OceanJetHunt1 004.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 2,622
  • OceanJetHunt1 005.jpg
    OceanJetHunt1 005.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 2,499
  • OceanJetHunt1 006.jpg
    OceanJetHunt1 006.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 2,532
  • OceanJetHunt1 007.jpg
    OceanJetHunt1 007.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 2,509
  • OceanJetHunt1 008.jpg
    OceanJetHunt1 008.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2,522
Da..AAAMM! Remember the frase...you'll shoot your eye out son! Imagine getting hit in the eye when that came off! Wish people would give me better location help.Maybe i need to dry sand for a spell? Nice chunk of gold Guam!

HOLY COW is that a big hunk of gold! Awesome find Guam! That must have been one heck of a happy dance you did. I hope you didn't pull a muscle while doing it. LOL Good luck on future hunts. : )

Guam, I couldn't be happier for you brother !!!!

That is what I would call a serious serious find...Absolutely stunning ...
That baby would be getting resized and would be getting put on Papa's finger...Ask your local jeweler if he can stretch it to fit little sausage fingers :laughing: or just dip them in bbq sauce and slip it on..

BRO !!! That is really wonderful..I'm sure your wife is even excited for you..Now you have to find her one to go with that watch :yes:

Sounds like you are detecting in a hunter's paradise...

Rest up and we will wait to see tomorrow morning's finds...

HOLY COW is that a big hunk of gold! Awesome find Guam! That must have been one heck of a happy dance you did. I hope you didn't pull a muscle while doing it. LOL Good luck on future hunts. : )
I'm still happy dancing :lol: I've had a stupid grin on my face all night...:D

That is what I would call a serious serious find...Absolutely stunning ...
That baby would be getting resized and would be getting put on Papa's finger...Ask your local jeweler if he can stretch it to fit little sausage fingers :laughing: or just dip them in bbq sauce and slip it on..

No resizing necessary, fits my pinky finger perfect. So far it's a find of a lifetime for me. Thanks for the kind words. I don't know how I am going to top this, but I'm sure gonna try...

No resizing necessary, fits my pinky finger perfect. So far it's a find of a lifetime for me. Thanks for the kind words. I don't know how I am going to top this, but I'm sure gonna try...

Very cool brother !!!!
I'm not a ring guy, but that baby would be going on my finger for certain occasions..Talk about a great conversation piece :yes:

I remember when I found the two gold coins the first week back hunting and DP said " Now you are spoiled and ,how you going to top that ?"...Well I haven't yet, but damn if I ain't going to try...
You have a special place to hunt there and I think eventually you are going to show us a topper..

Good Luck Man !!!

I hope you buy that beach worker a nice lunch the next time you see him :yes:
You don't have to tell him about the find, just say thanks for the leads..
He may send you on some wild goose chases in the furure for more free lunchs, but who knows :yes:

CONGRATS AGAIN !!!!

beach worker tips

I think you should get him a gift certificate or other gift to keep the tips coming your way only. May be a 6 pack for after work or a few bucks to get one.

WOW!!!!! Now Thats a nice chunk of gold there!!! Very nice congrats!!

:gettinmoney:Whamo! that is one large giant there,,,man,,,I would be bringing that lifeguard lunch each day,,,,,excellent find,,,I hope you find the other ring you are in pursuit with

WOW!!!!! Now Thats a nice chunk of gold there!!! Very nice congrats!! Todays price is about $765.72 USD !!!

I think you should get him a gift certificate or other gift to keep the tips coming your way only. May be a 6 pack for after work or a few bucks to get one.
Way ahead of you on that one. I noticed the workers were knocking back some cold ones after the group of tourists left for the day. Definitely gonna have a case of ice cold beers for them on my next visit...

WOW!!!!! Now Thats a nice chunk of gold there!!! Very nice congrats!! Todays price is about $765.72 USD !!!
Yeah, I checked that out. I'm so stoked! Plus it has the diamond. I think the diamond is a quarter carat, but hopefully it's bigger like a third of a carat. It's way more valuable to me than just melt price... :yes:

This might get some negative press, but...

Got out for a 2 hour hunt today. Went to a new location and was there about 15 minutes when one of the beach workers came up and told me about a Japanese guy who lost a ring on a nearby volleyball court. He even showed me which side of the net to search and the general location. 5 minutes later and BOOM the Dual Field about blew my ears out with a loud crisp belltone. The ring was about 3 or 4 inches deep and I about freaked out when I pulled it out of my scoop. I slipped it quietly into my pocket. I also found a copper colored pendant with the letter M on it and a junk bling ring.

On the way home, I was checking the ring out and I knew I had something special. My wedding band weighs 11 grams and this ring felt way heavier than that. I'm positive the diamond is real and probably about a quarter carat. The worker said the Japanese guy did not want to leave, but the bus was heading back to the hotel and he had to get on the bus. I'm still trippin' out. My gosh, what a boat anchor! The pictures tell the rest of the story. I'm also hot on the trail of a very expensive platinum and diamond earring. A tip from the same worker. It took about a month for the Dual Field to pay for itself. Thanks for looking :cool:

I have returned SEVERAL rings with little to NO reward...not even a sincere thanks. Personally, I would have pocketed the ring as well.

Back
Top Bottom