Ace 250 and sniper coil

DreamHawk

Just a quick question, and sorry if this has been asked before. I've seen this sniper coil mentioned quite a bit, but I don't understand what advantage it gives you other than having a smaller coil to reach tighter spots, which is what the instructional dvd kind of led me to believe. Are there any other perks?

Just a quick question, and sorry if this has been asked before. I've seen this sniper coil mentioned quite a bit, but I don't understand what advantage it gives you other than having a smaller coil to reach tighter spots, which is what the instructional dvd kind of led me to believe. Are there any other perks?

I have no experience with a sniper coil, but my understanding is just what you said. Designed for trash filled areas so your coil isn't looking at such a large amount of ground at one time and lets you see the "good stuff" that's close to trash without the interference or in tight areas where it's hard to get a standard coil into.

Dream, I use a sniper on my Ace 250. As for perks super narrow pinpoint my finds have increased 20% pinpointing is a breeze! it's dead on, crank up the sensitivey shoots down to 8+ but you have to sweep slow & the learning curve
is small your listening skills goes up hearing faint deep targets I sweep every target 90 degrees off from facing. I haven't used my stock coil yet this year my opinion it was worth the money I've found a lot of silver I've missed with the stock coil. The Ace 250 becomes a different machine with the sniper coil. Here's some pics of the sniper finds
Tim
DSC01840.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

I have to agree with Tim. I have a Sniper coil for my Ace 250 and I love it. i use it especially around the playground equipment in the tot lots. You can get super close to the metal equipment before you start getting interference. As far as pinpointing; it is dead on...The coil has a little black "X" in the middle of the housing and it is dead perfect......

I would highly recommend getting a sniper to add to your arsenal. I really think you will love the results....

Happy Hunting!

Ken

Ya, I think I will be getting one myself, just have to save some more cash up. So the older coins are going to be around the 6-8" deep region? When you say the faint beeps does that mean the metal detector will make an almost inaudible clicking noise for a really deep target? I had heard about the Tesoro's doing that, but didn't know it was the same scenario with the ACE 250.

Hey there dreamhawk. I don't know that I really loose any depth by much sometimes I think the concentration of the coil adds a better path frequency. Maybe not, but it seems like it. I love it for the parks and any place that has trashy areas. I like seperating coins from the trash. It's more work, but the coins are there and the little coil can do that. You won't be disappointed. HH Rick

Back
Top Bottom