coil cover or ????

I ordered a coil cover, 10-15 buck's. A can of that bed liner is about 6-7 buck's not much diff in price is taking a chance in wrecking your coil. Also some of the chems. in that spray on stuff will eat/melt some plastics so be careful.

Some truck bed liners have metallic substances in them. Don't trip when you're machine is having false signals. I don't go raw either i use a special fitting sock.

It does get dirty easy but i wash it out back after every use.

Coil covers work but like most people end of having to replace them like batteries just not as often.

I really don't feel like having to buy a 2nd coil cover within the first year so i use a sock. When it gets destroyed finding old socks is always easy.

Bear in mind I swing a compadre so its easy for me to use a sock with a 5 inch coil. You guys with 8 inch coils might need a real coil cover.

There is another Thread in here that shows videos of application and which particular spray on bed liner to buy so you don't have a problem. Many folks do this and like it, but it does have the drawback of chipping if you are doing a lot of MDing where your coil bangs against rocks a lot....Of course, that would not be good for your coil anyway!

The advantage is you don't have to take off the cover and clean it sometimes like you do with a standard cover. It's a personal choice.

Coil covers are cheap insurance. With the $5 off coupons I get from KellyCo with each order, the covers are only around $4-$5.

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom