Coinshooting in a campground with my nox

Rickdes

I’m camping in SE Michigan this week a couple towns over from home. We’re making sure there are not any issues with the camper before any long trips. I figured I’d coinshoot campsites. I started in park 2 on my nox 800. Slowly I discriminated till the hundreds of beer caps etc didn’t keep me digging nonstop. Basically everything lower than a VDI of 18 I turned off. I found that I could find everything but nickels((VDI in low teens). One thing I immediately noticed that all VDI numbers were 5 or 6 high. I’m sure this is because of extreme trash I discriminated out. $6 in clad in a little over an hour because my wife and I had other plans. Tomorrow I’ll get out early before the weekend crowd shows up and when there are lots of empty sites. The more I use my new nox the more I learn. I’ll shift over to the beach and picnic areas after the weekend folks show and fill the campsites. Pretty sure they would not be comfortable with me detecting while they camp.

The first coin I found was in a campground. Problem was, I’m not sure I was supposed to be digging there. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. I believe it was the first hole we dug after getting new AT Max. It was a 2000 Sacajawea dollar. You’d think that would bode well for my luck with metal detecting to find that on the first dig. But oh no. Lol.
Good luck in your hunt tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom