Still on The Silver! Ring and Quarter

Buellride

Forum Supporter
After the Walkers that Cruiserkev and I had found on this past Saturday (in beautiful weather no less) the "questionable" weather is back. :roll:

But it didn't stop me from taking advantage of cooler and partly sunny skies to "re-hit" some curbstrips that I have done in the past.

I first hit a curbstrip of a home that recently was placed on the market and only scored 1 Wheatie, then I went across the street to a another house's curbstrip where I have never found any silver at before (or even Wheaties) but the house was built in 1910. After some dedicated SLOW swings I got a really spotty 11/12-38 jumping up to 12-41 and an occasional 12-43. Classic clad penny numbers trending up to a Wheatie or a clad dime (on my CTX).

Decided to dig it because it was the best sounding signal so far, glad I did. At about 6 inches and beneath an old iron nail next to a bunch of tree roots out pops the quarter. At first glance I wasn't sure it was silver (save for the edge) but after looking at the date 1959 it was confirmed.

The quarter never really cleaned up very well but I was happy to have another silver that wasn't a "dime".

Followed up that curbstrip at another series of curbstrips on a different street, started to find Wheaties but no silver, jumped over to an older curbstrip and there was zero to be found, as I was swinging back over to my truck the 12-43 "solid" popped up and soon after the sterling wedding band. 4 grams of Sterling goodness :D It is an oldie for sure and very worn on the inside of the band. In the close up of the hallmark you can just barely make out the beginnings of "STER....". My wife loves the wedding band and it quickly found a new home on her finger.

Oh and 5 Wheaties, all between 1944 and 1951, and a 1951S (semi/low key date?)

Props to me and my crazy hobby.

GL and HH All!!

Attachments

• 5_15 Quarter and Ring Finds Raw.jpg
    5_15 Quarter and Ring Finds Raw.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 5_15 Quarter and Ring Finds.jpg
    5_15 Quarter and Ring Finds.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 5_15 Ring Hallmark CloseUp.jpg
    5_15 Ring Hallmark CloseUp.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 160
Very nice digging!! It was definitely a silver day for you! I really gotta go hit some curb strips now lol! Congrats!

Congrats!:D More proof that NO place is hunted out, even curb strips.:yes:

Nice. Congrats on the quarter and ring.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom