Made a Floating Sifter tonight...READY FOR THE BEACH TOMORROW!

metalman329

Here's a pic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,236
Good Job, I used one yesterday, if the bottom is anything but sand they sure come in handy.

Two observations. Your rope is way too long. I know you will find that out once you have to keep pulling it toward you.

The second is only becuase I can't see too well. Is your screen in the middle or on the bottom? The middle is best because you can flip it over and be read for the next scoop.

Good work!!

Also you might want to get some plastic screen so you can run you machine over the top for those hard to see targets..everything should be plastic..

Two observations. Your rope is way too long. I know you will find that out once you have to keep pulling it toward you.

The second is only becuase I can't see too well. Is your screen in the middle or on the bottom? The middle is best because you can flip it over and be read for the next scoop.

Good work!!

Yes, I hadnt cut the rope yet in that pic because i didnt have the clip to tie on yet but it is much shorter now.

The screen is sandwiched between the 2x2's so it is in the middle.

Yes, I hadnt cut the rope yet in that pic because i didnt have the clip to tie on yet but it is much shorter now.

The screen is sandwiched between the 2x2's so it is in the middle.

Curious what you used for the screen? It looks plastic which would be great.

The screen appears to be 1/4 inch hard ware cloth........ plastic would be better.

Back
Top Bottom