Pinpointers

passion2detect

I'm looking for a cheap pinpointer with good quality and a reasonable price. Any info is greatly apprecianted!!!:D Also does anyone know anything about a wizard pinpointer???:?: Thanks for looking:spin:

I bought the Little Wizard about 2 weeks ago from Amazon.com for $11 + $5 shipping. It arrived two days after I ordered it.

It is designed to find nails and screws in pieces of wood. However, it also works well as a pinpointer witha larger metal detector.

It works great for me when I pull a plug and the target is still in the hole somewhere. It also is great when I have several surface targets in a small area and have trouble pinpointing them independently with my 10" coil. It has cut my recovery time down quite a bit, and it has made me more willing to dig up weaker signals and deeper targets. It detects all metals within 1 or 2''. For $16 it was a heck of a bargain.

The drawbacks are that it does not have a point tip, so it will not fit into tiny holes. Also, it is not waterproof.

All in all, I think it was a great purchase for the price. I'm sure there are better pin pointers out there, but I'm pretty sure they all cost many times as much money.

Let me know if you want any details in particular regarding the Little Wizard.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm really interested in the wizard. I do more land searching than beach and water. Thanks again!!! HH!!!!:D :D :D

Works For Me!

I'm looking for a cheap pinpointer with good quality and a reasonable price. Any info is greatly apprecianted!!!:D Also does anyone know anything about a wizard pinpointer???:?: Thanks for looking:spin:

Hey Passion,
Like z118, I use the Little Wizard pin pointer. I've had it for a few months now and really like it. I do most of my hunting in parks and get the Wizard quite muddy, but it's held up and keeps on working.
It does a good job finding targets on or near the surface and has greatly reduced my digging time. Also works to find targets in the plugs I cut.

Granted, it's not the best out there but I couldn't beat the price. I think you'll be pleased with it.

Good luck,

RD :cool:

Back
Top Bottom