1797 large cent

claddy

Elite Member
Found this one under pine trees close to a church. still stoked at 12:44 am ..... thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_2684.jpg
    IMG_2684.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2685.jpg
    IMG_2685.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2681.jpg
    IMG_2681.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 227
So hard to get good pics sorry .. have a i phone 5s any suggestions would be great

WOW!!!! Man you knocked it out of the park!! Large cent is one of those pieces I dream of digging. CONGRATS MAN!! Ultra Cool Find!!

Congrats on the awesome coin!
To get better pictures use a flashlight and point it angle it almost horizontal with the coin until you have a good contrast of relief. with a IP5 you can get great pictures too. Turn off flash and turn on HDR, then take picture from about 12" away.
If you got a in focus HDR picture then you can zoom and crop it after you take the picture and it should look great!

Better pics

So hard to get good pics sorry .. have a i phone 5s any suggestions would be great
thanks hope these are better

Attachments

• IMG_2695.jpg
    IMG_2695.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2688.jpg
    IMG_2688.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 145
Ah but since you're no doubt east of the Mississippi, then large cents no longer count as forum show & tell. Since, of course, large cents (and colonial coppers, and busts, etc...) are "brimming out of every sandbox over there".

Hence the new forum rule is that east coast finds must pre-date 1750 to qualify for show & tell here. This brings you guys to parity with the west coast hunters.

Hey, what's fair is fair after all ! :laughing:

Ah but since you're no doubt east of the Mississippi, then large cents no longer count as forum show & tell. Since, of course, large cents (and colonial coppers, and busts, etc...) are "brimming out of every sandbox over there".

Hence the new forum rule is that east coast finds must pre-date 1750 to qualify for show & tell here. This brings you guys to parity with the west coast hunters.

Hey, what's fair is fair after all ! :laughing:
I feel the same way when I look at all my 5 10 and 20 dollar gold coins and all my San Francisco mint and cc mint coins in my collection the ones that bring the most money most of the time ... I do believe you posted a absolutely beautiful 10 dollar gold coin that had the whole east coast drooling 🤤

Back
Top Bottom