14K Frederick Goldman ring!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Found this today at a soccer field. My second gold of the year, but the first being an eyeball find. Also found 4 wheaties, one looks to be 1919, the rest in the 50's. Total of $3.95 in usable clad. After the ring coming up at a solid 56 like a crusty zinc penny, I started digging all zincs:lol: Most were toast. Thanks to Digger27 for mentioning how he digs zincs! Oh, three of those wheaties were in one hole at 6.5" deep. BTW, that golfball was down in the hole about 4" deep with a penny:?:

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 434
What a beauty Toad! That junk shot is just superb! It says a lot about the effort...You were really rooting around in there! Nice work! Thats a hell of a trophy there you got!

Nice find! Anytime the FG comes up, I'm thrilled. It's one of those well known brands that just gives me lots of confidence in the find. I've found a few FGs, and was thrilled... except the one time my FG stamped band was titanium. GRRR... Dude probably paid gold prices for it, too! LOL

Skippy

Always great to see all that effort pay off.:yes: Just proves that if you dig enough trash, you will eventually get some real nice goodies. Congratulations on the gold ring.

Let me be the first! Great find !
Thank you!
Congrats on crossing a FG gold ring off the bucket list...excellent dig!
Didn't even know what an FG ring was until I looked this one up!
Woot!!!! That's a chunky one too! Congrats on the gold!
Thank you! Yes, it has some heft.
A hunt feels so much better when yella shows up! Congrats!
It sure does, thanks!
Congrats on the yellow !!! Looks like a great day out. HH !!
I love those yellow days!
Certainly is a beauty , congrats , ,,,,,HH
Thank you!
What a beauty Toad! That junk shot is just superb! It says a lot about the effort...You were really rooting around in there! Nice work! Thats a hell of a trophy there you got!
Yeah, I dug a lot of trash. Found the ring early on, but after that really started digging zinc signals:lol: Thanks Mud!
Now thats the one i'm looking for, Congratz NC!!!
Thankd you!
Nice find! Anytime the FG comes up, I'm thrilled. It's one of those well known brands that just gives me lots of confidence in the find. I've found a few FGs, and was thrilled... except the one time my FG stamped band was titanium. GRRR... Dude probably paid gold prices for it, too! LOL
Skippy
Hopefully this won't be my last FG! Thanks!
fg rings are sweet. I have one somewhere. maybe my bride took it. nice recovery
Thank you!
Told ya...lower end zinc on the bigger gold rings.
I know, I know and now I really know! Thanks!
Nice find! Even though it's an eyeball find, it counts. Wouldn't have found it unless you were detecting.
This one wasn't an eyeball find...my first gold of the year was. Thanks!
Always great to see all that effort pay off.:yes: Just proves that if you dig enough trash, you will eventually get some real nice goodies. Congratulations on the gold ring.
Yep, gotta dig some trash to find the treasure! Thanks!

Very nice find. Congratulations. My very first gold was a FG white gold. I thought that the fg was indicating that it was gold filled. Showed it to a guy who was detecting close to where I found the ring and he got excited handed it back to me and told me what I had. . That's when I knew I had my first gold.

Back
Top Bottom