This is bull...

dlax

Elite Member
Any idea on this little guy? It's kind of creeping me out. It doesn't have anything on the top, so doesn't seem to be a pendant that would hang from a necklace. It does have a hole in the bottom like it was a topper to something. Same face on both sides. Thanks for looking!

20170322_133251.jpg

20170322_133238.jpg

I don't know. I started looking through mythology symbols and came up empty for a match but Bat or Hathor are the closest I can find.
Bat.jpg

Good weird find

Last edited:
I don't know. I started looking through mythology symbols and came up empty for a match but Bat or Hathor are the closest I can find.
View attachment 380099

Good weird find

Hmm that's interesting. It could just be a random more modern bull. But from what?? Or it could be older...I find lots of ox shoes, but I can't really tell the age. Or the type of metal.

Hmm that's interesting. It could just be a random more modern bull. But from what?? Or it could be older...I find lots of ox shoes, but I can't really tell the age. Or the type of metal.

It looks to be brass.

Maybe it kind of does in the pic. In reality it's a silver, maybe brushed nickel? It has some heft to it.

Yes ,sorry. I don't know what I was thinking in inquiring that it looked like brass. I wasn't thinking I guess.

my guess it's part of the end cap or a finial of a grilling BBQ handle set. I have seen similar ones as yours, just cant find an exact pic.

il_570xN.344639710.jpg

That sure is Super Creepy alright! I bet some kid would give you $20 for it though...so they could put it on top of their Harry Potter magic wand or something...Let us know if you find out what it was originally intended for...

Great find!

Looks like a Minotaur or something... definitely creepy.

After looking through the internet, there was an ancient pagan god Moloch who was the god of children sacrifice. Looks similar.

Ok, now I'm sure I will have some explaining to do with my HR department when they see what I've been searching on my company computer... good luck!

Attachments

• Moloch.jpg
    Moloch.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 299
Back
Top Bottom