So Cal Silvers #143-146, Plus Silver Token And 1,200th Career Silver Coin

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some of my recent finds. The highlights were the boy scout ring and my first silver token. The token is called and Arras Token. Here is some info about them.

In one Catholic wedding tradition, the groom gives the bride an Arras - a container of 13 coins. In addition to being a sort of dowry, the Arras symbolized the groom's promise (and ability) to support his family. In wealthy families, the Arras consisted of 13 gold or silver coins. Those less well off have used gold-plated small denomination coins, or tokens. These tokens generally have the words "Recuerdo Matrimonial" (which translates as "Wedding Souvenir" or "Marriage Memory"). Check out this website if you want more info: http://users.pullman.com/fjstevens/tokens/arrastokens/index.htm

This is the second Arras Token I have found. The other was a gold plated one that I found last year.

These finds takes me to 146 silver coins, 655 Wheat pennies, and 27 pieces of sterling for the year. Also, the 1954 Rosie was my 1,200th career silver coin and took a little under 6 years to get there.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_9889.jpg
    IMG_9889.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 472
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 438
  • Image-2.jpg
    Image-2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 439
Jam your a stud! Just incredible numbers all the way around . And I see another peakaboo in there also đź‘Ť
What a silver magnet .
HH , Dew

I'm sure glad you're down there, and not up here ! It's already worked out enough in our parks, and we certainly don't need any more competition! MUhahahaha ! :laughing:

Fantastic numbers, Jason! Beauty of a ring and token especially. I'm thrilled to see you break 1,200. I can't even imagine the time, effort and dedication to reach that number. Especially in today's "hunted out" climate. You singularly prove that there's plenty of silver out there for those willing to bust there butts! Congrats my good man!

nice milestone dude- Hard to believe 1200 silver coins were lost by people over the years in those LA parks and add that what others have found and what is still in the ground. Boggles the mind.

Good digs on the tokens and 925.

Damn. 1200. I think I'll be happy when/if I hit 100. I'm averaging about 12/yr on year three now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. 1200. I think I'll be happy when/if I hit 100. I'm averaging about 12/yr on year three now....

Thanks and good luck out there!

Wow! Now that is impressive! Congrats on # 1,200 !!
Thanks Ron
nice milestone dude- Hard to believe 1200 silver coins were lost by people over the years in those LA parks and add that what others have found and what is still in the ground. Boggles the mind.

Good digs on the tokens and 925.
Thanks Jason! Yeah crazy to think about all the silver that's been found out there.
Nice haul and neat info on the token.:aok:
Thanks and love researching info on finds.
Fantastic numbers, Jason! Beauty of a ring and token especially. I'm thrilled to see you break 1,200. I can't even imagine the time, effort and dedication to reach that number. Especially in today's "hunted out" climate. You singularly prove that there's plenty of silver out there for those willing to bust there butts! Congrats my good man!
Thanks Schweddy, I really appreciate the kind words.
That's awesome!! Congrats!!
Thanks bud!
I'm sure glad you're down there, and not up here ! It's already worked out enough in our parks, and we certainly don't need any more competition! MUhahahaha ! :laughing:
We the silver drys up down here maybe I'll take a road trip north.
Whats the boy scout ring made of?
It's made of Sterling.
Nice goin' Jason!
Thanks Jeff

I swear by the numbers of silver coins found in California' you'd think every one had holes in their pockets
Maybe they did.
Killer finds!

Thanks bud!
Jam your a stud! Just incredible numbers all the way around . And I see another peakaboo in there also đź‘Ť
What a silver magnet .
HH , Dew
Thanks Dew, I appreciate it.
Looks like another great year in the works. Congrats.
Thanks buddy!
Incredible career to date bud! You make it look easy lol nice haul congrats!
Thanks Jeff
Nice Jason! 1200 silver coins is a crazy number!!!
Thanks Sean!
congrats!
Thanks

If cousin Guido sees you north of Santa Barbara, then .... as they say .... "accidents DO happen". :cool:

Tom, doesn't Guido you want to see what you guys have been missing up there? Jason could show you. Nice going Jason. You have been an inspiration for me.
I live in So Cal and have found nearly 700 silver coins in four and a half years, except most all of mine have come from older (1950's and older) homes. I am starting to run out of local places to look, as I live up in Lancaster area.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom