Knee pads?

These are comfy

One for each knee, or wear just one .......... $20 on ebay

Knee Pads.jpg Knee Pads.jpg

Knee Pads are a waste because of everything you said they do. So buy a pair of Deluth fire hose pants, has a bunch of big pockets they hold up to the wear, they are water resistant but not waterproof, I use them each hunt so I don't ruin my other clothes. So I don't care about stains on them

I use one on my left knee since that is the one I always kneel on.
Going to get a better set at Harbor Freight.
The one I use now only has one Velcro strap and has the above mentioned faults. I think 2 straps should work better.

One for each knee, or wear just one .......... $20 on ebay

I have used the kind that you get at Home Depot / Lowes, and they do indeed hurt you legs, and are definitely not comfortable when standing / walking. I've been pleased with these, so far. The elastic is very soft and pliable, and seems to be holding up well......

I admit, I don't wear them all the time, just on occasion, and especially when it's wet. Otherwise, I too got heavy duty pants (Carhartt), which I wear most of the time, unless it's hot summer. I usually keep the knee pads in my truck, in a small day-pack, along with my headphones (which I likewise hate for all the same reasons), and an emergency rain jacket.

Different strokes for different folks. I suppose you gotta do what works for you, and sometimes, those knee pads feel right good to these old knees of mine.........:no:

Comfortable Knee Pads

Obviously, NO KNEE PADS, are going to be more comfortable than the most comfortable set you can find. It's one of those, "lesser of the two evils" things. If you feel you really need them, for your knees, I agree with Mntnclmbr - maybe use just one, on your prominent kneeling knee. The pair that works for me, and what works for Grumpsrb, may not be comfortable to you.

An inexpensive alternative might be one of those foam kneeling pads, like they sell for gardeners. I think they may be at your local nursery, but for sure on-line. They are very light weight, and it could be looped to your belt with a light weight bungee cord, so you never get up and leave without it.

Here's a picture & a link. [ http://www.constructiongear.com/fis...=86423468010&gclid=CMrh7ZKHvcgCFUaRHwodDNoLzQ ]

Kneeling Pad.jpg Kneeling Pad 2.jpg
Hope this helps.........

Western Safety from Harbor Freight. They are GEL inside, hard shell outside and cost around $12.95. I have tried several others and like these best.

Of all the ones I've tried, I also like these the best.

Get a pull on sleeve type, like used for sports. A pain in the shorts to put on over your pants but they don't cut into you or slip off.

Obviously, NO KNEE PADS, are going to be more comfortable than the most comfortable set you can find. Hope this helps.........

I looked at this for a long time before posting a reply. I have tried this. Great for the knees but, I found it's a bit of work picking up and taking with me along with all the other normal detector gear. Just my two cents. For short hunts its great.

Gardener's Kneeling Pad

I looked at this for a long time before posting a reply. I have tried this. Great for the knees but, I found it's a bit of work picking up and taking with me along with all the other normal detector gear. Just my two cents. For short hunts its great.

Well, bottom-line, I don't have a problem with my regular knee pads, but, as for the gardener's kneeling pad, and keeping it with you, along with your other gear, that's why I mentioned, "and it could be looped to your belt with a light weight bungee cord, so you never get up and leave without it."

Again, everyone has to work out their own best solution IMHO. :aok:

Anyone who doesn't use knee pads should. I'll be forced to upload the inside photos of my kneecap during my 2008 knee surgery. You should use them even if you don't feel any pain. You will and when you do, you'll wish you had worn some.

I use Bucket Boss Pro Gel knee pads. Always stay up, even with shorts on and don't strangle your legs.

41bxVqeaUvL._AC_UL320_SR276,320_.jpg

Gel knee pads, 10.00 clams, work great, Earl ( Western safety )

I looked on the website and saw a few....

Are these available "in stores only"

Love my Lowes waterproof for ease of cleaning but would like something in gel (if they are smooth and easy to clean)

^^^ The bucket boss ones look easy enough to clean.

Hi all from tom in central pa. I have a pair of skillers work pants. They have removable knee pads.

In NE Florida, sand Spurs will quickly make you a believer in knee pads.

Years ago I found a pair of kneepads by CROCS, the same company that makes the comfortable shoes. On a whim I bought them for $6. When I started MDing, they became invaluable. Very lightweight and comfortable and stay in place, they are great.

Sadly they no longer make them but last year year I checked eBay and someone had a couple of pairs at $39. Ignored my natural stinginess and bought a pair and am glad I did because I like to keep a pair in both vehicles. Last week I thought I'd buy a backup pair but apparently they are all gone.

Knee Pads are a waste because of everything you said they do. So buy a pair of Deluth fire hose pants, has a bunch of big pockets they hold up to the wear, they are water resistant but not waterproof, I use them each hunt so I don't ruin my other clothes. So I don't care about stains on them

+1 on fire hose pants, pricey though. The cool thing is, when you wear them out you can send them back for new ones. My friend has been wearing them for years and said it is a no question asked replacement. Good luck wearing them out, they are rugged!

Back
Top Bottom