Is that What I Thought It Was?

Scubacat

Elite Member
It is still quite slow for us beach goers at this time of the year so I am looking through last year's photos. I came across a couple of things that I did not quite figure out and never published here. First, that urn like thing. Just in case I buried it right where I found it right away. Is it what I think it was? The cap screws on and off but I did not try to open. Second, a UFO model?

Attachments

• IMG_0431s.jpg
    IMG_0431s.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0465s.jpg
    IMG_0465s.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 334
Really you were afraid to look ? I would have had debate whether to use it for clad :grin: My guess is if they were ashes it should have been buried 3ft deep . GL ,,,,,HH

Thats one of those 'Russian Doll' thingys! You could have unscrewed the top, and then there would be a smaller Russian Doll inside! and so on and so forth until theres a big gold Russian Kopek in the last one!...Ok, well..you buried it without opening?? At least you got a picture! Good find anyway!

Really you were afraid to look ? I would have had debate whether to use it for clad :grin: My guess is if they were ashes it should have been buried 3ft deep . GL ,,,,,HH
Let's put it this way. I was reluctant to look into. They do not really bury those ashes in the sea here. They just drop them in the water in a variety of ways.

its pretty small for its size.:laughing: not a lot of ashes in there. I thought it was sitting on a gas grill at first glance. then I realized it was your scoop.

that second pic is one of those big hockey puck looking things from the Olympics. you know they constantly sweep the ice vigorously as that thing slides along. :lol:

Thats one of those 'Russian Doll' thingys! You could have unscrewed the top, and then there would be a smaller Russian Doll inside! and so on and so forth until theres a big gold Russian Kopek in the last one!...Ok, well..you buried it without opening?? At least you got a picture! Good find anyway!

F@ckin' Mud! :laughing: You beat me to it!

It's a Matryoshka doll!

R5

How heavy was the urn looking thing. Did it seem like it had anything other than water in it?

You missed the boat.

It is a Genny. She will come out when you open it up. You will get 3 wishes.

I know I would have opened it up just to see if someone was in their. If no one home, I would take it home.

KEN

An insatiable Curiosity coupled with a vivid imagination would have compelled me to unscrew that lid! I bet there was a roll of $100 bills in there!:laughing: Go back! Take a look! You KNOW you want to! I'd for sure keep it...it looks very cool!

I might have shook it to see if it sounded/felt like there were coins but that's about it. I would not have unscrewed it if I believed it to be an urn.

I would have opened it. It's so small, at best it could be an urn for a pet, but I like the idea of it filled with cash.

For some reason that urn just reminded me of the time when I first started detecting and I dug up what I thought was a huge silver chain. Then rescanned the hole and there was another signal. I stuck my lesche in and POOF! A cloud of smoke.

Only it wasn't smoke, it was the ashes of our deceased dog, Scout :(

....and it wasn't a silver chain, it was her collar.

If that's not bad enough, the next time we came up, an animal had dug up the entire area that I re-buried her.

You missed the boat.

It is a Genny. She will come out when you open it up. You will get 3 wishes.

I know I would have opened it up just to see if someone was in their. If no one home, I would take it home.

KEN
The urn looked so modern. I have my doubts those young genies are as good as old ones. Never heard about them doing anything constructive since Arabian Nights. Neah.

Back
Top Bottom