Button or something else

hikingthehills

I found both of these in the same yard, not really sure what they are though. One of the buttons/whatizit has either 6/m or or w/9 on it. I have found civil war stuff near by and was wondering if it came from then. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20170127_183704.jpg
    20170127_183704.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 20170127_183721.jpg
    20170127_183721.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 285
Thanks y'all. What would they be used for?

Exactly what the name implies...they seal bales, (bags), and identify the contents.

They have been used for centuries in many countries as a way to identify products, type, length, volume and such.
They have been used on reams of fabrics, paper, all kinds of things and in this country the bulk of the ones found here seem to be bale seals.
Large bags of grain or other produce where these seals not only keep them closed with wires that are usually attached to it or an attached piece that is simply bent around the bag fabric and the numbers and symbolizes are here to identify dates, volumes and contents.

They are still used today and are attached to tags, pipes and other things.

Attachments

• antique-lead-bale-seal-Halifax.jpg
    antique-lead-bale-seal-Halifax.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 264
  • page27_27_2.jpg
    page27_27_2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 228
Exactly what the name implies...they seal bales, (bags), and identify the contents.

They have been used for centuries in many countries as a way to identify products, type, length, volume and such.
They have been used on reams of fabrics, paper, all kinds of things and in this country the bulk of the ones found here seem to be bale seals.
Large bags of grain or other produce where these seals not only keep them closed with wires that are usually attached to it or an attached piece that is simply bent around the bag fabric and the numbers and symbolizes are here to identify dates, volumes and contents.

Awesome, thank you.

I'm very interested in this seal. Is there any chance of getting a bigger image to add to my Gallery please - http://www.bagseals.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=31&g2_page=34 & http://www.bagseals.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1952

Back
Top Bottom