(1/3, 1/4) Two Amazing Hunts At A Public Park (Silver Half Dollars Galore!!!) :)

Awesome hunts there! I'm curious, though you may not want to answer this....why do you think other people skip over the areas you were hunting? Terrain? Trash? Iron?

I'm asking because I made a couple of fantastic finds near pounded areas last year just over the lip of a plateau area...had been hammered, but all those guys didn't want to go over onto the steep slopes below.
Thanks, I can't get too specific, but I can say it's very close to an area of the park that gets maintained a lot, and you are in plain view of the park workers, and the roads, and it gets pretty busy, so I could imagine most people feeling uncomfortable to dig there. It's in a fairly sensitive area. But luckily for me and my buddy, the parks guys actually waved to us, and seemed to be very nice about it. Maybe by now, they recognize me, and know how clean I am, and how neat I leave the place.

Words fail me.:wow:
That would be several months of finds back here in Kansas. And Barber Halfs? Very hard to find. Well done!

Oh Lord !

Great write up and pics. The detector gods have taken a shine to you. The amount of old coins you find is amazing. You will be hard pressed to top these hunts this year. Way to brave the elements. I would wish you good luck but it really doesn't seem to be called for here, lol HH IN 2017 Mark

Thanks, I can't get too specific, but I can say it's very close to an area of the park that gets maintained a lot, and you are in plain view of the park workers, and the roads, and it gets pretty busy, so I could imagine most people feeling uncomfortable to dig there. It's in a fairly sensitive area. But luckily for me and my buddy, the parks guys actually waved to us, and seemed to be very nice about it. Maybe by now, they recognize me, and know how clean I am, and how neat I leave the place.

Makes sense - It's still amazing that (apparently) nobody else has EVER gone in there!

Dude, that's incredible! Way to go off the beaten path......Fortune favors the bold! Makes me want to get out and detect right now :lol: but unfortunately down here in Western PA were buried too :(

Nice work! Around here snow is too deep and crusty to sweep through and ground is too hard to dig through, even in the woods..............the good news is that it keeps the rif-raf from invading

Nice work! No wonder why there are so many people along the eastern seaboard. Around here snow is too deep and crusty to sweep through and ground is too hard to dig through, even in the woods..............the good news is that it keeps the riffraff from invading. Days are getting longer and the south slopes should be a muddy mess in another couple months! Can't wait.

Great finds!

What is the writing on the back of the token?
Couldn't read it on the enlarged photo.

Thanks!
Jeff

Reminds me of when I was stationed at Ft. Drum,was there for 6 years love that lake effect snow from Lake Ontario! LMAO!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom