Finally a silver quarter!

bro81

After a few years of only finding silver dimes and war nickels, I finally came across my first silver quarter! I found the quarter along with a few other nice finds at an old school that has been converted into a community center.

Here are my notable finds after a few hunts there: 1897 Barber quarter, 1910 Barber dime, 1917 Mercury dime, and dateless Buffalo.

The quarter is probably the ugliest silver coin I've ever pulled out of the ground, but I am still thrilled. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 469
Nice coin, quarters seem to be few and far between. Its also pretty cool that your first one was a Barber from the 1800's.

What an excellent hunt!
Find a nice, cushy spot for that barber, looks like it's had a rough life.
Nice job

Congrats the second guy who hit a buff, merc and a barber Quarter in the same hunt congrats!

Silver is never ugly! Nice dig on everything,looks great! I'd be hammering the bejeezus out of that place...where did you say it was again?:roll:

Sure a great one for your first!!:D I wouldn't call it ugly, just one with a lot of "character".:yes: I'd certainly go back and see if I could find a prettier one.:yes: Congratulations on the silver.

Congrats!
Yes, silver quarters are hard to come by, they were large targets back in the 1980's - '90's, so many were scooped up!

Lordy I've been trying to find a silver quarter to complete a scavenger hunt my club holds. In 4 years I've found a few silver dimes but quarters, halves and dollars have eluded me. Congrats on busting out with your first. Keep going.

Back
Top Bottom