NEL 9x5 falsing on my G2 HELP!!!

XXJIMBOXX

Hi all, I have a NEL sharpshooter, and when I put it on my G2 it falses when I wiggle or touch the connection to the box. Ive had this coil about 1 1/2 years it used to be a great coil. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a repair? Im really kicking myself for selling the g2 stock coil :( .. Im currently running a NEL Tornado and it doesn't false at all at the same connection. I like it and its deep but no good in trashy areas... :?:

If connector end of your coil put a new connector on. If end by coil it's a tough fix. Any warranty left?

Thanks for your reply, its the connector to the control box, do you know if these connectors are available for purchase?

Thanks for the advice Diggum I think im going to have to give it a try soon....

I fixed it and it seems to be working well, I unsoldered connections and removed about two inches of wire. The hardest part was removing a glue like substance in-between the wires. After resoldering was complete I used black silicone to fill the voids and imitate the glue like substance that was originally there. and a little electrical tape over that... The first pic is the original solder joints from the manufacture a little bit of a shoddy job because I found loose single strands of wires which im sure was causing the problem....

Attachments

• photo 1 (10).JPG
    photo 1 (10).JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 2 (9).JPG
    photo 2 (9).JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 139
  • photo 3 (6).JPG
    photo 3 (6).JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 136
  • photo 4 (3).jpg
    photo 4 (3).jpg