Hillbilly Hand Dredge (pusher)

Icewing

Elite Member
My digging buddy keeps going on about wanting to hunt the local creeks and such. I personally think he's about to find out why its now illegal to throw trash in the creek, but oh well. I figured I would I would help him out by making him a sand scoop even though we only have rocks and old car parts in our creek beds.

I chopped up the oil pan from an old junk car, drilled some holes in it and welded in a leg from our 15' intex swimming pool (that I hated anyway), and an angle iron kick plate on the back.

Ready for testing.
:workforgold:

Attachments

• KIMG0233~2.jpg
    KIMG0233~2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 635
Interesting build.

People seem to have some ingrained need to throw coins in water for some reason. Sometimes even jewelry , like when couples break up rings or gifts sometimes get taken off in haste and tossed into the abyss of whatever body of water is handy. I dont understand the need to toss coins in water but people have been doing it forever. Over time , coins have been thrown into just about every pond , puddle , lake , creek , or river in the world for some reason. There may be a lot of trash in there but its usually a safe gamble that there are atleast a few coins and such too , it may take a lot of work to find them but they probably are in there. You never know.

Here is another shot of it. You can also see a lamp I made out of used engine parts in the background.

Attachments

• KIMG0231~2.jpg
    KIMG0231~2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 556
Looks like one pissed off scoop to me...

It's a rare day that the durability of a homemade scoop will go unquestioned...

Nice work, I like the lamp too..

<°)))>{

Looks like one pissed off scoop to me...

It's a rare day that the durability of a homemade scoop will go unquestioned...

Nice work, I like the lamp too..

<°)))>{

Yeah nice build for very rocky creek bottoms where the usual scoop might not hold up as well.

Great work Ark:yes:

Will do, but I'm not getting in the water any time soon, I just like to repupose some of the random stuff I have laying around rather than having to buy names.

You might not win any beauty contest with it , but I believe for the purpose it was made for , it will withstand better than anything on the market .:good:

You might not win any beauty contest with it , but I believe for the purpose it was made for , it will withstand better than anything on the market .:good:

I was out of Gold paint so all I could achieve at the moment was a gold flake look, it was too cold to be painting anyway, so one of these day I might dress it up a bit.

I really like that scoop! It looks like a backhoe bucket!

I remember some of those creeks down in your area, in the Ozarks, all rocky and whatnot...lived there when I was just a little kid...I would tip over rocks and catch crawdads...
I wonder if maybe some short prongs on the edge of that scoop would help with that? Like a backhoe has?

Nice job! I'd carry that proudly, very steam punkish!
Mud

I really like that scoop! It looks like a backhoe bucket!

I remember some of those creeks down in your area, in the Ozarks, all rocky and whatnot...lived there when I was just a little kid...I would tip over rocks and catch crawdads...
I wonder if maybe some short prongs on the edge of that scoop would help with that? Like a backhoe has?

Nice job! I'd carry that proudly, very steam punkish!
Mud

It's funny you say that Mud, I'm making another one for back dragging that will double as a crawdad catcher.

Back
Top Bottom