• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Richest one hunt finds with Nox 600

Seaking406

Elite Member
Well I finally did it.. with only an hour before sunset I set off to get a little dirt fishing in at a little lot that I cleaned out a month before with the ACE250.. and sure enough, the Nox 600 came in and found more stuff that I had missed before..

And to top it off, happened to find a nice crisp $20 bill laying on the ground near the water's edge at the lake.. Called the missus up and picked her up for a sunset coffee break at the sea shore..

Still counts as a find, right? I mean I waved the Nox 600 coil over it.. so it counts.. right?

What I found interesting is that the bottle cap, penny and lead weight were found in different spot in 4 inches of sod, and all rang in at 22 or 23 on the Nox 600 meter.. I'm still new with the Nox so still digging on most 12 and about pings to get a better understanding at what the unit is telling me.. getting there, slowly but surely..

Now I'll be up all night after that extra large Timmie's and TimBits.. ;)

Attachments

• 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 568
:) Yep...I was joking....no offense intended.

Oh no.. them's were fighting words, sir! I shall meet you on the fields of honour with MD's of your choice.. starting from one end of the field at dawn, we should be meeting in the middle around noon.. by then, we'd have forgotten what we were there for in the first place, and then share stories of our finds that day.. ;)

I found a U. S. 20 dollar bill sticking up out of the sand at the beach last month and I danged sure called it a detecting find. I was out there detecting and hoping for gold. But the 20 was not a disappointment. It went in my finds stash that I keep just in case.

I find it odd that people would bring valuables and big money to the beach in the first place.. not complaining though as I hold the gold and silver rings I found this year.. But one year I was out snorkeling, and found a $20 on the bottom.. brought it up to the missus to dry.. then went back out and found 2 more.. then 4 more.. by the time I had fished them all out there was well over $400 in $20 bills there.. They were all laying on the bottom scattered through a small area which leads me to believe that they had been down there a while being water soaked (before our synthetic bills)

You really have to keep your eyes moving when detecting, you're moving slow enough to notice the fine details of stuff sticking out of the ground that could be valuable.. I think I've found more with the MK1 Eyeballs than with either detectors.. ;)

Oh no.. them's were fighting words, sir! I shall meet you on the fields of honour with MD's of your choice.. starting from one end of the field at dawn, we should be meeting in the middle around noon.. by then, we'd have forgotten what we were there for in the first place, and then share stories of our finds that day.. ;)

:) Sounds like a plan to me. Name the time and place LOL We'll have to bring our Seconds with us of course.

Is that banknote a new design? I noticed that clear plastic strip on the right of the note, it looks very similar to the ones on Australia's new $5 and $10 notes. (see attached picture) Seems like this clear strip design is starting to become a trend...

Attachments

• a27d290e0c97f414dc241d6f2a5081a9.jpeg
    a27d290e0c97f414dc241d6f2a5081a9.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 290
Is that banknote a new design? I noticed that clear plastic strip on the right of the note, it looks very similar to the ones on Australia's new $5 and $10 notes. (see attached picture) Seems like this clear strip design is starting to become a trend...

Nope we've had those for quite some time.. and now you know where your mint got it's inspirations from ;) These type of bills are harder to forge and last longer than paper / lint bills thereby saving the gov'mint money in the process..

I don't know if your bills have it but if you look at the Canadian $20 above the 20 there is a clear maple leaf.. if you shine a laser light through it and shine it to the wall, you see $20 shine on the wall.. how cool is THAT!?

Better yet, in TRUE Canadian fashion, our $100 bills actually have the gorgeous smell of delicious maple syrup coming off of them.. no joke..

And now you know! Ask your mint if they plan to have a scented bill coming out sometime soon?

Nope we've had those for quite some time.. and now you know where your mint got it's inspirations from ;) These type of bills are harder to forge and last longer than paper / lint bills thereby saving the gov'mint money in the process..

I don't know if your bills have it but if you look at the Canadian $20 above the 20 there is a clear maple leaf.. if you shine a laser light through it and shine it to the wall, you see $20 shine on the wall.. how cool is THAT!?

Better yet, in TRUE Canadian fashion, our $100 bills actually have the gorgeous smell of delicious maple syrup coming off of them.. no joke..

And now you know! Ask your mint if they plan to have a scented bill coming out sometime soon?

Wow, that's pretty cool, especially that your notes are scented, ours just smell like plastic! I'll try that light trick when I get my hands on one of the newer notes, but I know our notes (both old and new) have the Australian Coat of Arms visible when you hold it up to the sun. The things you learn...

Back
Top Bottom