• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

what can i do???? CODE OF ETHICS!!!?

dig*it73

Somone that seems to hunt most the places my wife n I do seems to not care at all about our hobby!, the person leaves his/her unwanted canslaw,tabs and trash in the hole when he/she decides to cover them , but normally does nt even fill the hole, just leaves it all on top!!! we spend 1/2 our time cleaning up after this person, very frustrating!!! Any thoughts or ideas???

WOW! How stupid is that? If they just cover it back up, they're bound to re-dig it at a later date. If the holes are really fresh, you can about guess when they were there and try to time your next visit at around the same time of day. Maybe you'll see/catch them and can have a little chat. Your call, but I'd sure be upset with that kind of actions on MY turf. Good luck!

Least they are filling the holes. Really make no sense to leave the junk. Maybe they just like to dig, leaving stuff ensures there will be something to dig next time. Might be a sports fisherman, and has a catch and release mentality...

Somone that seems to hunt most the places my wife n I do seems to not care at all about our hobby!, the person leaves his/her unwanted canslaw,tabs and trash in the hole when he/she decides to cover them , but normally just leaves it all on top!!!very frustrating!!! Any thoughts or ideas???

Maybe I've got an idea.

The person is either a pig or ignorant. I'd prefer to think ignorant, because that can be changed.

Write down the address of this site and refer him to this forum. Non-confrontational, and if this individual just doesn't know any better now, maybe he/she will learn something right here.

Maybe it'd work.

Sweeps

Twice in the last week followed somebody that was digging with a full sized ground shovel digging plugs bigger than my search coil and then leaving trash in their holes.
When I had a park ranger check my permission paper ( obtained for free ) I told him about it and where it done he said he would keep an eye out for them.
HH
Larry

Try to figure out when they are there...Then videotape them and their filthy acts, and put them on youtube !

Try to catch them in the act and take to the pirate code!!! J/K
But do try and catch them and talk to them even if you ask them if they have seen who is responsible for the damage and leaving the trash and let them know that it makes all of us look bad. Also let them know this is why places get closed to detecting.

Find out who is in charge of the property. Speak with him/her and explain the situation. Make it clear you are not the culprit and you are concerned because it makes all detectorists look bad. I would not confront the guilty party myself. GL and HH. Matt

That's life today unfortunately! We live in a me me world where commonsense rules are pushed to one side. It doesn't take a lot of effort to collect up the waste and deposit them in an appropriate receptacle! It is not just the selfish who will lose out but the hobby itself when bans are put in place.:cuss:

The park I hunt everyday after work apparently just lifted their ban on detectors. Ranger spoke to me yesterday after 2 months of hunting this park she told me someone was digging huge holes and not filling them in. If I see somebody doing that I'll snap there picture and gladly send it to the proper authorities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have to do something!

A lake park I hunt a lot has someone that has recently been digging big holes and throwing the scrap finds on top of the dirt piles. I am picking up the scraps and filling in the holes, AND Looking for this person! If we don't confront such people, then lose hunting sites, We are partially responsible also!!! GL & HH.....Pat

Confront them if you catch them in the act, if they give u attitude about not giving a dam, blatantly take a clear photo of them, their car, license plate. If they ask what you are doing, tell them you are headed to the rangers or police.
Most importantly: FOLLOW UP ON IT

Back
Top Bottom