Anyone else having problems with GARRETT Cust. Svc?

robby4570

Elite Member
I have sent an email and made 2 calls to GARRETT in the past week to get an answer to a simple question and so far have gotten NO RESPONSE. First call I held for 10 minutes (LONG DISTANCE on MY dime) and finally gave up, not knowing how long it would take to get a live person. Second call I chose the Voicemail option and left a message with my name number and question and ref'ed to my email. Still NO RESPONSE. Is this how GARRETT treats all their customers? If so, my NEXT detector WON'T be a GARRETT (and I LOVE my 250!).

Garrett is usually really good about that, but they have been busy lately with the weather getting nicer, so keep trying, and dont blame them if you dont have to :yes:

Hmm, the couple of times I called garrett it went right through and they were extremely courteous and awesome towards me. I talked to Brad. No annoying menus or anything to deal with.

You must be calling the wrong number. Garrett is awesome at customer service. I have made numerous calls to them regarding issues and every one of them was resolved promptly. IMO Garrett has the best customer service.

Hey Chunk...if they answer as "Garrett Metal Detectors" I guess maybe I didn't call the "wrong number", but the lady who answered just transferred me to "hold HELL"

"I have made numerous calls to them regarding issues"

And you've had that many "issues" with your GARRETT product(s), what must that say about their product quality?

Use the 800 number.

1-800-527-4011

I've had great luck with Garrett service

Detector:

Thanks for the 800 #, I called the Long Distance # on the warranty card as that was all I had. It really doesn't matter though, what # I get put on hold with as all I have is my cel phone so it's my dime no matter. I have yet to hear from Garrett. I run my own business selling high end items and I return ALL calls and emails in a timely manner, never more than 12 hours from receipt of call/email to answer no matter if it's nights or weekends when it comes in. Poor customer service = NO RETURN CUSTOMERS.

I'm glad all of you have had good service, I've yet to experience it with GARRETT. Makes me wonder if I made a huge mistake buying my first detector from them (well OK, a Brick-And-Mortar dealer, but still a GARRETT representative). BTW, is GARRETT one of the sponsors here???

Sorry to hear your having trouble with Garrett Robby, I sent my AT Pro in for the falsing issue and had a good experience and I called them once to check on the status and got right through and again after I got my detector back from them and again got right through. I used the 1-800 number Detector posted both times. Hopefully the next time you call you have better luck because you shouldn't be treated this way and your right if I left a call back number and it never got returned I would be a little disgruntled myself.

Yeah, it is because I sent an original email (be nice if they had an automated responder that said "we got your email, we will be in touch soon), then tried to call and reached a receptionist who transferred me to hold, then called back and left a message with clear and concise info that I am so stunned. I just did business with CMD and had 100 % opposite results, those guys at CMD rock! The order was confirmed within about 5 minutes of ending my call with them, I got a shipping estimate with tracking # about 15 min later and was able to track my package all the way here. It arrived about midday, on the day it was promised (a pat on the back to UPS as well). They just have it together.

Well sorry to hear...They have always been super helpful to me. They have replaced an ace for me no questions asked...then repaired another for me...and sent out 2 replacements cuff all for free. No more cuff cause I built a metal one. I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has a bad day sometimes...May it was theirs. But from all the times I have contacted them it's been 100%.

Back
Top Bottom