New headphones and a Daytona Beach hunt

cmbtvet

Forum Supporter
Today I wanted to hit the neg tide and figured Daytona might be a good place to go. I stopped at Kellyco on my way and picked up the Grey Ghost original headphones. I've got to say these things are awesome! They are very light and you can barely tell you're wearing them.

The tones sound different in them on my Sov GT from what I'm used to hearing in my Koss headphones though, a bit higher and definitely more crisp and clean sounding. It kind of felt like I was swinging a whole new machine.

The hunt itself wasn't very productive. My first target was a Canadian quarter. Then I dug 2 pennies, a pull tab, and finally a dime. The targets were few and far between and all were dug in areas that are normally under water. I did see one other guy swinging what looked like a bounty hunter but I'm not sure.

I had to pack it up because it was getting dark and I didn't have a head lamp to continue in the dark with. I did solve that problem on my way home with a stop at Gander Mountain so the sun setting won't be a problem on any future late afternoon hunts.

Back
Top Bottom