Tomorrow a real TREASURE HUNT FINALLY!!!

HullGuitars

Forum Supporter
Tonight my grandmother told me a story that is in the TREASURE category!

My great grandfather was a Mason. He was a 32nd degree whatever that means….
When he passed away the ring was passed to my grandfather somehow. In the late 50’s, my grandmother got the idea that the ring was “casting a bad spirit” over their home, and causing my grandfather’s alcoholism. So her and my aunt decided to get rid of the ring. Instead of flushing it, or just throwing it out…. They decided to bury it next to a church!!!
Well that was long ago and tonight is the first I am hearing about it! My grandmother wouldn’t entertain the thought of me digging it up, so I secretly persuaded my aunt to take me and show me where it was buried, since she was a witness! She remembers exactly where within about a 25 square yard area! And luckily it hasn’t been paved, or filled!!!
SO YOU KNOW WHERE I WILL BE TOMMAROW!!!!! I really hope I can find it! It will be the second gold ring I have found in the past few weeks that has a real meaning to me and my family history!!!! Very excited!!!!!
E-trac don’t fail me now!

The one question I do have is= if the ring happened to be buried at the base of a tree…. Would the roots move it a lot in 50 years time? My aunt estimated it being buried at about 3-5 inches at most. They just dug the hole with sticks…. So it couldn’t have been that deep. I'm guessing the ring rests at 6 inches or less. My only problem is if they buried it at the base of a SMALL tree 50 years ago…. And the tree is large now….. will the ring be directly UNDER THE TREE?!?! I sure hope not….. I would love to bring back a valuable piece of my heritage!!!! Lets just hope my grandmother isn’t rite about the “bad spirits” thing!

I would think that as the tree grew, it would be pushing the dirt away from itself, rather than swallowing it. I've found coins under tree roots before, so be sure you take some root clippers with you. A big gold ring should ring up pretty well, even at 6-8 inches. I've seen those fancy Mason rings and they usually aren't small. Also, I don't believe that an item can carry 'bad' spirits, but you can always have it blessed or cleansed if you feel so inclined. Good luck finding it! : )

Chances may be one of the roots threaded its root through the rings and may have buried it deeper but that is very low chance of happening.

Tree roots do grow bigger so it pushed the soil to the side and slightly burying the ring deeper.

This will be interesting to read the outcome. Good luck. I know of a lost ring by my uncle but he does not know where he lost it. Lol.

Sorry I really didn’t mean any offence when I said “ he was a 32nd degree WHATEVER THAT MEANS…” It was really just a question…. But looking back, it does appear very disrespectful! My apologies.

Well…. I didn’t find it TODAY because there was a lot of really bad weather here….. and even with my E-trac turned all the way up on my UR-30 headphones I couldn’t even hear it at all. The wind hit 47 MPH and then the sleet/snow started. Strangely enough tomorrow will be 50 degrees and sunny!!! So I will try again. I am 90% sure I know the tree it was buried under, and now just have to find it!!! I'm sooooooo excited I can’t wait to recover a piece of my family’s history!!!

The other ring I “found” for a gentleman, had been given to him by his mother before she died, and lost 52 years ago!!! He was a marine, and pretty old. SO I didn’t expect the crying bear hug when I showed it to him! Here’s a pic of that ring. Found a few weeks ago!

Attachments

• Denise's ring.jpg
    Denise's ring.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 382
Thats a great story. Hope someone else didnt beat u to it. That would be an awsome sentamental piece. Good luck!

Sounds like total JUNK! Not iron, but JUNK, unless it is really big.. In most cases I think lower than a zinker....

All the best on your quest...

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom