• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Should I send a photo of me, when I'm emailing churche's for permission?

i think you'd have better luck if you DO go and ask in person. it's way too easy for folks to respond back with a "no" email or to even totally ignore it.

whenever possible, face to face is the best way to go. that way, they'll meet (see) you right away, they have a much better chance of asking you any questions, or you asking them any questions you might have, they'll get a general impression of "who" you are, and it's harder for people to say no to a persons' face!
i haven't asked a "lot" of people for permission, but for those who i have asked, face to face has had a 100% success rate for me. i have been turned down by both email and over the phone.

that's my 2c.

Pete

i think you'd have better luck if you DO go and ask in person. it's way too easy for folks to respond back with a "no" email or to even totally ignore it.

whenever possible, face to face is the best way to go. that way, they'll meet (see) you right away, they have a much better chance of asking you any questions, or you asking them any questions you might have, they'll get a general impression of "who" you are, and it's harder for people to say no to a persons' face!
i haven't asked a "lot" of people for permission, but for those who i have asked, face to face has had a 100% success rate for me. i have been turned down by both email and over the phone.

that's my 2c.

Pete

Guess sending a picture of me with my email doesn't work either, drats I was hoping to save a trip! If only I can Skype with the pastor lol

I am glad this topic came up.I have a summer place in upstate New York and spend a few weeks up there.There is an old church that is out in another town thats sort of like a satelite church from the main parish and has one mass on Sunday that people who live in the area go to.This church is very old maybe around late 18 or early 1900.So I went to the main rectory and talk to a women who works in the parish office introduced myself and told her what I wanted to do.She said the priest was not available but he would be at mass on Sunday.The only problem was I was coming back home and wouldn't be at mass.I will do it in person when I go back and head to mass. Here is my issue that hopefully the folks on here could give me the advice for. I would be willing to donate all my clad to the basket on Sunday.The issue is I want to keep the old coins,silver etc...Now I am a Christian and will not lie to a priest but how do I tell him that I will give him the clad to sweeten my request but not the silver.Thanks for your advice in advance. :?:

.The issue is I want to keep the old coins,silver etc...Now I am a Christian and will not lie to a priest but how do I tell him that I will give him the clad to sweeten my request but not the silver.Thanks for your advice in advance. :?:

I think you just tell him the you collect old coins and tokens but that all the modern coins that you find you will give to the church. Also stress that you will remove all the trash that you find.

I think you just tell him the you collect old coins and tokens but that all the modern coins that you find you will give to the church. Also stress that you will remove all the trash that you find.

That or figure the total melt value and offer the church a percentage if they focus on the possibility of silver coins. I'm sure you won't be the first to ask.

I wouldn't even mention donating anything to the church, you don't know if you will even find anything. If you do get permission, see what you find, and then you can decide if you want to give the church anything.

I have asked at 4 or 5 churches, and have always been granted permission. But, I have found very little, they all have been well hunted.

I wouldn't even mention donating anything to the church, you don't know if you will even find anything. If you do get permission, see what you find, and then you can decide if you want to give the church anything.

I have asked at 4 or 5 churches, and have always been granted permission. But, I have found very little, they all have been well hunted.

Thanks I think thats the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom