First Hunt With Excal ll Finds First Gold Of The Year! And Its A Biggie!!!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
Ok guys, Got my new excal ll and hit the beach for 2.5 hours at low tide. I gotta tell you I LOVE THIS DETECTOR! It is easy to learn as well. I was playing with it back and forth from Disc to PinPoint just to learn it. Man I was getting target left and right! At first I wasn't finding much coins but I didn't care because I was having fun just finding some cool stuff. About an 1.5 hours in I got a LOUD signal at low tide in the wet sand, only took 1 scoop and I could not believe what was laying in there! :shock: I just about fell over! It was a 14kt Gold Diamond ring with (7) diamonds! :gettinmoney: I was so excited and thought to myself, wow I think I just might have paid for my detector. So I just continued to hunt getting clad here and there. Got a total of $4.07 all from wet sand. Got a bunch of junk, (2) pocket knives, some fishing stuff. Well when I got home I went STRAIGHT to my Diamond tester and acid kit. Sure enough tested positive for 14kt, and BAM tested positive for all 7 diamonds! It weighs 3.6 grams. I am going to see about getting it appraised today. Will keep you guys updated. Have to say this is my best find yet! All in ALL I hate a Great first experience with the excal.

Attachments

• mail-3.jpeg
    mail-3.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3,240
  • mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3,354
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 3,252
:congras: :stars::goodjob:

But, couldn't you have gotten that with your Ace 250 without
spending a grand on those Minelab thingys?
After all it wasn't in the water. :D

Just joshing with ya. I know the water is chilly now, but once you're
in, I can't wait to see what you'll find.

:congras: :stars::goodjob:

But, couldn't you have gotten that with your Ace 250 without
spending a grand on those Minelab thingys?
After all it wasn't in the water. :D

Just joshing with ya. I know the water is chilly now, but once you're
in, I can't wait to see what you'll find.

Thanks, Actually it was in the LOW part of the wet sand and I was able to scoop it before the waves came back in. It was at the LOWEST part of low tide. I still was getting my feet wet. I had my water shoes on. But yep cant wait to get into the water!

Payday!

Very nice JB, 2 more like that and the excal will be payed for...Good Luck on your next outing...joe

U got back more than u paid for it!

I own the same detector and believe me finds with it pay for the detector very quickly! That ring u found is awesome! I'm serial waiting on my first diamonds! Although I did find a huge ruby ring appraised around 5k!

U lucky sob with beaches nearby! I wish I had more than fresh water

Sick! That's a Great find...especially for the beach you were at. So lunch is on you I assume right? So the big question is...Do you like the detector? ;)

Prestige 500 Elite

Sick! That's a Great find...especially for the beach you were at. So lunch is on you I assume right? So the big question is...Do you like the detector? ;)

Prestige 500 Elite

Man I love this detector, easy to learn and use! I am kicking myself in the butt for not buying one a while ago!

can you say, CHA CHING big time... nice score, whats the size of the big diamond... now thats a true thriller killer of a first hunt.. go get em...

Back
Top Bottom