Coin Prices

Pastor Bob

Elite Member
Went into a local pawn shop the other day and inquired about the price for silver dollars. They had a bunch of morgans and Peace dollars. Was told they would sell them to me at $15 per. Bought a bunch. Did I get a decent deal?

Yes, what condition? Dates readable?

A guy at a local flea market had them for $24 each but all where is nice condition with clearly readable dates.

If in this condition then $15 each is good since as Jamflicker stated, about $11 each melt.

Went into a local pawn shop the other day and inquired about the price for silver dollars. They had a bunch of morgans and Peace dollars. Was told they would sell them to me at $15 per. Bought a bunch. Did I get a decent deal?
As long as they are genuine and average wear, I would consider that a good price. Junk silver dollars generally have high premiums over regular silver coin, because of their popularity.

Genuine yes. I picked out the ones in the best shape

Yes, what condition? Dates readable?

A guy at a local flea market had them for $24 each but all where is nice condition with clearly readable dates.

If in this condition then $15 each is good since as Jamflicker stated, about $11 each melt.

Back
Top Bottom