• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My 2017 MDing Wrap-up (First Year Finds)

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
2017 was my first year MDing, and I had so much fun! :D Although I didn’t find anything very valuable (that I know of :laughing:), I found out very quickly that the most valuable part is having fun and enjoying the hunt. I love the thrill of not knowing what’s in the next plug, whether it’s clad, jewelry, relics, or even trash. I hunted mainly tot-lots, but also did 2 beaches, our own yard, and a 2 of my friends yards.

The first pic is the clad I found. The second pic is of my 1945 Wheat Penny (my first and only), plus my 1961 Canadian Nickel and my 1983 Canadian Penny. Next is a pic of some of the cool things I found. Going left to the right is a pair of sunglasses, a Hot-wheel, 4 bullet casings, and a bullet. Next row has a toy airplane, 2 earrings (or necklace charms), a Stephens Steel Guitar Slide, and a mushroomed slug. The last row is a toy fighter jet, toy train, key, fishing sinker, 7 buttons, 2 square nails, a fishing jig, 2 cow tags (:?:), and an “Automotive Air Conditioner” tag.

The last pic is of what I thought was a toy car wheel and axle when I dug it. It was all crusted & super rusty. But after a 3 day soak in vinegar, it came out like that and now I think it could be a roller for a conveyor belt, because the wheel is on ball-bearings and the wheel end of the axle is different than the other end.

Also, I found around 525 pieces of trash! :lol: God Bless and Happy Hunting in 2018! :D
Z
9k=

9k=

9k=

Last edited:
That Stevens slide is awesome!

First dug one of those I've seen posted anywhere!!

I have a few of those myself...

Congrats and good luck 2018!

<°)))>{

Nice start! Detecting is super addictive; the more you find the more you need to find. LOL

beephead

Thank you, beephead. I know what you mean ... Can't wait till the ground thaws. :lol:

That Stevens slide is awesome!

First dug one of those I've seen posted anywhere!!

I have a few of those myself...

Thank you, Ice Scratcher. I'm glad you like them. Did you find the ones you have detecting? :?:

very nice wrap up post Wolfdowg .👍
Love the photos . That little LoVe pendant almost looks like 925 or sterling silver.
The sunglasses need some cleaning but I'd rock those things 😎
That roller seems like the kind you find on a garage door yet the poc marks remind me of the old rollerskate wheels after running on the concrete sidewalks as a kid.
Thanks for sharing .
,Dew

Thank you, Ice Scratcher. I'm glad you like them. Did you find the ones you have detecting? :?:

No, I play Hawaiian style guitar...

My favorite one, 1928 National

<°)))>{

Attachments

• tricone28.jpg
    tricone28.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 341
very nice wrap up post Wolfdowg .👍
Love the photos . That little LoVe pendant almost looks like 925 or sterling silver.
The sunglasses need some cleaning but I'd rock those things 😎
That roller seems like the kind you find on a garage door yet the poc marks remind me of the old rollerskate wheels after running on the concrete sidewalks as a kid.
Thanks for sharing .
,Dew

Thank you, Dewsweeper894. I don't think the Love button is silver but it still is cool. :yes: I hadn't thought of the roller being off a garage door, but now that you mention it, I think that's what it is. :D

No, I play Hawaiian style guitar...

My favorite one, 1928 National

<°)))>{

:wow2: That is a very nice guitar. My Grandma had a steel guitar, too.

Guitar Slide ? I see it now 👍

The guitar slide is directly below the Hot-Wheel. :)

Very nice, Wolf-Dog! Congrats on your first year. :woot: Of course you know that I've always loved that little toy train you found. :grin:

A really great first year, trash often=treasure. When I'm detecting an area I pay close attention to the trash... Can help you potentially date the site your hunting...congrats!

Very nice, Wolf-Dog! Congrats on your first year. :woot: Of course you know that I've always loved that little toy train you found. :grin:

Thank you, Princess. Yes, every time you see it, you tell me how much you like it. :laughing: Glad you like it. :D

A really great first year, trash often=treasure. When I'm detecting an area I pay close attention to the trash... Can help you potentially date the site your hunting...congrats!

Thank you, cellrdwellr. I too, study my trash and sometimes look things up online if it looks old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom