Couple of Small Silvers Today

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today I went to a park that I had been to a few times before. Worked it slow and steady. Found a couple of mercs (1941 & 1944) semi-close to the perimeter chain link fence. Plus a couple of dog condition wheaties.

The silver crucifix in photo looks silver but has no markings, so it probably isn't.

I was happy with my clad count, but the silvers were the icing on the cake.

With rain and snow in the forecast, I am trying to get as many days in before it really comes down.

Attachments

• Coins Silvers 11142018 002.jpg
    Coins Silvers 11142018 002.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Coins Silvers 11142018 003.jpg
    Coins Silvers 11142018 003.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 240
  • Coins Silvers 11142018 004.jpg
    Coins Silvers 11142018 004.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Coins Silvers 11142018 005.jpg
    Coins Silvers 11142018 005.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Coins Silvers 11142018 006.jpg
    Coins Silvers 11142018 006.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 242
Congrats JAK on a very complete outing. Nice pile of clad and iced with a pair of Silvers. I'd have that crucifix checked out as it does look to be Sterling. Trapper

Thank you!

Congrats on all the clad and pair of mercs, great hunting!

Thanksvcellrdwellr! The day turned out much better than expected.

Congrats on the silvers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks coin whisperer! Including these two dimes, I was able to pull out a total of three at this location this week,

Congrats on the pair of Mercs, clad haul and the rest...nice digging!

Thanks Captain Silver! It is interesting, when you least expect it...a piece of silver or two find their way underneath the coil.

Congrats JAK on a very complete outing. Nice pile of clad and iced with a pair of Silvers. I'd have that crucifix checked out as it does look to be Sterling. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Did you notice the shine on the dimes, I been using your suggestion of Bartenders Keeper on them. Honestly, the crucifix does look like silver. Just the way the dirt comes off of it and everything. It is a little scratched up on the sides where it may have had a makers mark. It goes into my questionable bin for now.

Those are some nice Mercs! Nice job

Thanks WyoTom! I always find it a real treat when silver comes back to life.

Congrats... it’s been nothing but cold and rainy here for over a week

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Thank you!

Congrats on the finds, love those beautiful mercs! :clap:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! I found them just when I was about to head home.

Man great hunt, and congrats on the silver!!!

Thanks Lil Worm! I been lucky as of late. Been averaging finding like a silver like every 3-4 sessions most in places where I never found silver before.

Nice dimes and a good clad count. Winter is coming early to the North East this year so get it while you can.

Thanks diggin4clad! This year I know I am going to have a pretty good clad count. Now I am trying to squeeze in a few more hunts to add to the totals.

Congrats... it’s been nothing but cold and rainy here for over a week

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Thanks LOS3R! Today, we got five inches of wet snow. And with temperatures to warm up tonight making for a good rain storm to add to the conditions. Hopefully, I can get out in the mud tomorrow too.

Thank you!

Those are some nice Mercs, in great condition too. Those soil conditions must be perfect where you live. That cross is sweet too! Congrats.

Thanks Saltshaker! I have to agree, they are in really good condition. It almost looks like they got lost the day they went into circulation.

Two nice silvers and a superb clad take too! Congrats :thumbsup:

Thanks GroundSweeper! Rosies are nice but there is something special when it is a Merc.

Nice mercs, I keep mercs now.:yes:

Thanks metaladdict! I think the mercs I been finding as of late have been masked over by nearby rust/trash.

Congrats on those two beauties!

Thanks twizzerlord! It is amazing what a little Bartenders Keeper does to shine up those silvers.

Nice mercs, but tou put in some work on that pile of clad, wow that was a good day! Thats about 150 holes there. Not sure how much trash tou dug, but you was moving some dirt for ccc sure.

Thank you!

Nice mercs, but tou put in some work on that pile of clad, wow that was a good day! Thats about 150 holes there. Not sure how much trash tou dug, but you was moving some dirt for ccc sure.

Thanks KS Plug Popper! Actually, did not dig too much trash. Yes, I got fooled a few times on Corona caps and twist-offs but I had cleaned out much of the top layer in the past. The new 15" coil was like a vacuum clean picking up the deep crumbs.

Back
Top Bottom