Tis the Season for Silver and Gold

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
With the Time change weekday hunts are shorter and shorter.
Went out yesterday around 3:30 knowing I only had about an hour and a half to hunt. I went to my go to place a local State Park I have been hitting this park for about a year.
So far in the last year I have pulled out six rings from here and although good targets are far and in between, It still seems to be producing so I continue on.

Since I only had a short time today I decided to concentrate on High Conductive targets, so I told myself to ONLY dig 24 and above hoping for another deep dime or better.
1st target a 7" Dime (Clad).
Second two Targets Clad Quarters.
Third target which I thought was another Quarter, turned out to be a Sterling Silver Ring at about 3".
I kept on hunting and only got a few more clad dimes.

It started to get to be that time.. and I headed back to the car, as usual I was swinging along the way.
As I was walking I came upon a very solid nickel signal showing 2 or 3 inches deep. Breaking my high conductive rule for the day I decided to dig it since it was fairly shallow.

I popped my hole and was greeted with Gold.. Shiny Gold :shock:

No Makers mark only A persons name and a date.
Acid tested and it passed at 14k and the diamond chips tested real.

I did try to look up anyone named "Brenda" for Marriage license's in my County for the date inscribed , but it REQUIRED a Last Name which I did not have.. oh well I tried, so this one goes into the gold coffers.

So it is getting cold, getting late in the year and "Tis the Season for Silver and Gold"

Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• Ring2.jpg
    Ring2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Ring1.jpg
    Ring1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 157
  • Ring3.jpg
    Ring3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 155
Congrats, that’s a great find!