Farm Field CTX Pattern

North Shore

How closed of a pattern do you use for a farm field? I have a dr. tones pattern for park hunting and a gary drayton pattern for water hunting which is pretty open.

I'm hunting an old farm field tomorrow on short notice, probably one of a couple times the rest of the year I'll be able to get on it. I have only detected in in the past with my AT Pro.

I would hunt it with open screen, combined tones, ferrous coin... That’s just me. Good luck on the hunt!

I would hunt it with open screen, combined tones, ferrous coin... That’s just me. Good luck on the hunt!

Really close to this, on the 2nd screen. My first screen is like a Bill`s trashy park program with the 11-13 line open all the way accross. My second pattern is wide open, and that's where I'm at 90% of the time. I generally like to hear it all, so I know where the activities were and the sound of iron makes me go slower. When I need a break I will kick it over to the tight pattern for about 10 minutes, then I feel I'm missing something and open up again.

IF your mostly focused on relics versus coins in the trash, you may want to open the tight pattern to allow anything above the 24 line.

Really close to this, on the 2nd screen. My first screen is like a Bill`s trashy park program with the 11-13 line open all the way accross. My second pattern is wide open, and that's where I'm at 90% of the time. I generally like to hear it all, so I know where the activities were and the sound of iron makes me go slower. When I need a break I will kick it over to the tight pattern for about 10 minutes, then I feel I'm missing something and open up again.

IF your mostly focused on relics versus coins in the trash, you may want to open the tight pattern to allow anything above the 24 line.

Yep. This is exactly how I hunt. When using Bills trashy park pattern I use High trash...
Don’t be afraid to play around with Ground-coin, Ferrous-coin, High-Trash and recovery fast on/off, Deep on/off.
It’s all dependent of your site. Mineralization, iron and modern trash.

Back
Top Bottom