Got some silver and a great hunt in with a fellow forum member!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
This is the second sunday in a row that me and fellow member lilworm hit the high school grounds. Last sunday we both got a lot of clad, but this sunday we both hit silver. It was in the upper 30s at daybreak when we started so a little cold, but the hunting warmed up quickly. We hadn't been there maybe a half hour when worm hit a HUGE silver ring and I hit a 1954 rosie at nearly the same time. I finished out the morning with an additional silver necklace charm, 3 wheaties and $5.54 in clad.

On a side note; if you're still hunting by yourself it's much more fun with a partner.

Attachments

• 20181104_073012_HDR.jpg
    20181104_073012_HDR.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 20181104_073018_HDR.jpg
    20181104_073018_HDR.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 20181104_072957_HDR.jpg
    20181104_072957_HDR.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 20181104_125538_HDR.jpg
    20181104_125538_HDR.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 20181104_125528_HDR.jpg
    20181104_125528_HDR.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Very nice! What was the deal with that cross ring? It looks pretty big.

I agree on the hunting buddy. I wish I had more time to be able to schedule time to hunt and go with someone. I'm lucky to get an hour in here or there between running my kids around.

BCD

It has been a great 2 hunts!! As for the hitting silver within the first 30 min. almost at the same time..........I wouldn't doubt it was at the same time. I had started walking down to Toad to show him the "ring of a giant" when my phone rang and it was him to say he just hit silver. Looking forward to next weekend!!!

This is the second sunday in a row that me and fellow member lilworm hit the high school grounds. Last sunday we both got a lot of clad, but this sunday we both hit silver. It was in the upper 30s at daybreak when we started so a little cold, but the hunting warmed up quickly. We hadn't been there maybe a half hour when worm hit a HUGE silver ring and I hit a 1954 rosie at nearly the same time. I finished out the morning with an additional silver necklace charm, 3 wheaties and $5.54 in clad.

On a side note; if you're still hunting by yourself it's much more fun with a partner.

It is better hunting with a partner! Sometimes you go an hour or two without talking or even seeing each other but you know at the end you got somebody that can understand what you are talking about!

Congrats on finding the silver!
Thanks!
Great hunting! I agree, hunting with other's is enjoyable. Congrats!
Thank you!
Very nice! What was the deal with that cross ring? It looks pretty big.

I agree on the hunting buddy. I wish I had more time to be able to schedule time to hunt and go with someone. I'm lucky to get an hour in here or there between running my kids around.

BCD
That ring fit over my thumb with room to spare! I have three kids also and only get time if my work is slow, but me and worm have been going first thing sunday mornings.
Thats a great shot of that red Carolina dirt! Great hunt and Forum team Work on the Silvers!
Thanks mud. You're the inspiration for the early daybreak hunts!
It has been a great 2 hunts!! As for the hitting silver within the first 30 min. almost at the same time..........I wouldn't doubt it was at the same time. I had started walking down to Toad to show him the "ring of a giant" when my phone rang and it was him to say he just hit silver. Looking forward to next weekend!!!
Next sunday brother!
It is better hunting with a partner! Sometimes you go an hour or two without talking or even seeing each other but you know at the end you got somebody that can understand what you are talking about!
That's exactly how we've been hunting!

Very nice.

I hunted alone for a long time. Now I have a great hunting partner and hunts are more fun.

Its funny, you go for a couple of hours without so much as a head nod. You know your partner is out there in the area but you focus on the hunt.
After its all over, we share finds and stories. Save the talking for after the hunt!!

Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Max.

I can dig it.

I like that ring. That would be a keeper in my book.

Agreed. Partnering up is fun in it's own way.
I'm too competitive though so I don't. :D

Thats really Funny and TRUE! :laughing: I get home after spending all day hunting with my Forum Bud ...my wife asks..."How did it go? What did you talk about?" And I'm thinking like, "Talk? What?"...So then I make something up and say..."Politics and Religion!".:laughing:

Sounds like a great day and I totally agree!!

Me to wife: Honey look what I found.
Wife: Uh Huh. Nice.

Me to Hunting Partner: Dude, check this out. What is it?
Hunting Partner: Oh wow I don't know what it is but its cool looking.
.. conversation continues for 15 minutes while speculating the possibilities.

lol.

So much more gratifying hunting and sharing the adventure with a like minded person. Makes the finds even more rewarding. Congrats Scott on the Silver's and a nice clad total. More so on finding a good friend to share the experience with. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom