It's cancer! IT'S NOT GOOD! NEW UPDATE!!! -- See Latest Post!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
The VA called this evening and told me that of the 3 biopsies 2 were negative but the 3rd one showed EARLY SIGNS OF CANCER! Basil I think he said. But you know how the VA is in getting appointments for such things so I'll be waiting all month to make THREE trips to the VA. #1 - Consult; #2 - Surgery; #3 - Stitch Removal. So I'll be running up and down the road for a month. Like I have the money for that. They don't care. I ride public transportation ($20 a pop). And they don't take credit card (cash or check only).:mad:

I've already put out $338 for a VET visit for one of my dogs and $131 for a new battery for the truck! And let's not forget that my house payment is going up and my internet is going up. They refuse to lower the internet cost. I'll be on until the 7th anyway!:mad:

Last edited:
Focus on what is most important, your health. This site and we will be here, you have bigger battle to fight right now.

Early detection is a plus, and I wish you the very best with this.

Keep your head up, everything is going to be ok.

Rob

EARLY SIGNS OF CANCER. congrats on finding it early. my dad just went through this. 3 colonostimies (dont know how to spell it) this year. some cancer. complained about the $2500 out of pocket for 2 of them. i said to quit complaining or dont do it and give it to the funeral home . life is for the living. keep on living. money isnt everything.

The VA wants me to go for a test too.

I just dont want any more operations. I have been lucky so far. I will say the ones I have had went well. Dont be afraid to speak up if your unhappy with something hand. Get yourself well, Ill go hunting for you.

If I never go hunting again, I have reached the top with the gold class ring that I found this year. I've been wanting to find one of them since I started metal detecting in 1999. If I never get to go again I've already found my bucket listers - Barber coins (2 dimes), Indian head pennies, gold and silver jewelry. So I'm happy. :D

What scares me more than the fact that it is cancer is the fact that the surgery will be done with me fully completely awake they will do a local!:shock:

What scares me more than the fact that it is cancer is the fact that the surgery will be done with me fully completely awake they will do a local!:shock:

It's going to be just fine, I know you're scared, and rightfully so, but this early detection is definitely a plus. Just the idea of only a local anesthetic should make you feel a little better in that they won't have to perform MAJOR surgery. I only know you from the forums, but you strike me as a tough person, you're gonna kick this surgeries butt! :yes:

It's going to be just fine, I know you're scared, and rightfully so, but this early detection is definitely a plus. Just the idea of only a local anesthetic should make you feel a little better in that they won't have to perform MAJOR surgery. I only know you from the forums, but you strike me as a tough person, you're gonna kick this surgeries butt! :yes:

If I Only Could kick his butt! Actually it isn't his butt I want to kick it's the doctor that told me that the chances of it being cancer was very slim the longer they waited to tell me what the results were. He told me that the quicker they tell me the results the chances of it being cancer was much higher. Well that turned out to be a lie.:mad:

Penny you do know that you can apply for and most likely get paid mileage through the V.A.Now I do not know if this apples to public transportation, but driving your truck you .I went through the cancer thing in2014 and in my opinion they are excellent caregivers and very activly and aggressively persue your treatment.In financial your co-pay will be lite .God be with you and all will turn out.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing , if it's over a certain distance , they will pay you for the trip . You won't get rich on it , but it will pay the gas . If they do the surgery while you're awake , ask the doc if they'll give you a couple valium's to take prior to the surgery , it will help calm your nerves . I've had them do that for me before . I hate going to the VA . I've got an appointment tomorrow , :mad: . Hang in there , you'll kick this , you found it early , so that's a major plus . Keep us posted .

Say a prayer or two and everything will be just fine.
My wife kicked thyroid cnacers A$$ last year, had the thyroid removed and all.
Now that cable bill doesn't seem so important does it?

Travel Pay Is Out

I fought with them last year about getting travel pay for visits to the VA. I qualified for it due to my income level. But somehow last year they claim that I made too much money (over their stupid financial THRESHHOLD)! HOW CAN THAT BE - MY INCOME HAS NOT INCREASED FOR TWO YEARS AT LEAST. But I still don't qualify for the travel pay. And besides even if I did, I would still have to pay it all out first and then be reimbursed 1 1/2 to 2 months later. For awhile there they were about 4 months behind and I believe they shorted me some last year. Also my income was such that I didn't pay co-pays on meds BUT because they think I make too much money I would have to pay for that too. But I have a gov't program that helps with meds combined with my insurance and my meds are dirt cheap on the outside.

Last edited:
Say a prayer or two and everything will be just fine.
My wife kicked thyroid cnacers A$$ last year, had the thyroid removed and all.
Now that cable bill doesn't seem so important does it?

No you're right.

I asked the doctor that called today if I would be able to get out and metal detect again. He said yeah but put plenty of sunscreen on. So next time I go out I'LL TAKE A BATH IN SPF 50!:laughing:

The fact that it will be local anesthetic only is probably a good thing, means it's a simple procedure... Good luck and stop worrying about the small things until the big thing is taken care of. Sounds like you should be night detecting!

Back
Top Bottom