Boy Scout Pin - How Old?

Bunzee

20121006_131023-1.jpg

I found this sterling silver BSA pin this weekend. Anyone know how old the pin is?

I found it next to a 1937 buffalo nickel, so I'm it's from around the same time.

I found a pin that was just the "be prepared" ribbon that is on the bottom here, and found it to be from 1941. anything on the back?

The Star Scout rank is the next rank after first class.
That is likely part of the Star Scout pin that would have been given to the mother of the Scout at the time of his advancement ceremony. The Scout would have had a patch sewn onto his uniform

As far as the pins age, thats hard to tell, its maybe from the 30s or 40s ?
In the past the Boy Scouts had a tenancy to not change things very often

Attachments

• Copy of BSA_Star_Scout_emblem.bmp
    9.5 KB · Views: 373
I found a pin that was just the "be prepared" ribbon that is on the bottom here, and found it to be from 1941. anything on the back?

That was probably a pin given to the mother of the Second class Scout at the time of his advancement ceremony.
About the only pin a Scout might wear on his uniform was the number of years in service pin. Pins had a way of getting lost and showing up in the darnest places, like your dinner or on the bottem of your foot, they were called pins for good reason.
If you've ever seen a picture of someone cooking for a large number of Scouts, they were almost always just wearing tee shirts while they cooked for that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom