Vaquero and AT Pro

dlh

If anyone has used both, could you please give your opinions. I have the Vaquero and just started thinking of getting a second detector. The AT Pro is what I am thinking of. I would be looking for coin and relic in both dirt and sand. Would it be a good thing to have both as your only two detectors? The budget and learning curve for some other brands is not for me.

Thanks

I'd consider the Whites MXT as a second detector. It would be easier to pick it up since you are used to the Vaquero. I've tried the AT Pro and personally don't care for the bell tones. I prefer a buzz tone that varies depending on the signal strength.

The At Pro only has bell tones if you use it in the Standard Mode. The Pro mode has proportionate audio which contains a lot of information once you get used to hearing what it is telling you.

I do not have the Vaquero so I cannot speak to any differences but the At Pro has a lot to offer. You can download the manual from the Garrett web site for more information, and there is also a lot of You Tube videos about the At Pro.

Hope this helps

Jerry

I agree with Jerry.

Having both the Vac and the Pro will give a wide range of options in your treasure hunting.

Get the 5x8DD coil for the Pro as soon as you can. It will make a huge difference in trashy parks (are there any non-trashy parks?)

That's a really good combination. One for water, one for land.

If anyone has used both, could you please give your opinions. I have the Vaquero and just started thinking of getting a second detector. The AT Pro is what I am thinking of. I would be looking for coin and relic in both dirt and sand. Would it be a good thing to have both as your only two detectors? The budget and learning curve for some other brands is not for me.

Thanks

I have both, but I just got the AT Pro. I've had it out a few times and so far I do like the additional info from the vdi. The AT Pro is a little heavier than the Vaq. I bought the AT Pro to have the water proof option mainly.
Being used to the Vaq., I like the Std mode on the AT Pro better, for now.
The AT Pro has the DD coil and the Vaq I have only used the concentric coil.
It took a few targets to get the hang of the Pin pointer on the AtT Pro.
The learning curve is not bad and I think that is in part due to the training videos on the Garrett website, they are very helpful.

HH

I do not have a vaq but i do have an AT Pro. learn the pro mode before you call it "junk". You can really hear your targets in pro mode. Like earlier today, i got a solid 82, std mode sounded like a nice penny, but in pro mode it said grrrr, ping, grr which is a bottle cap, and i dug it and it was a bottle cap.

Back
Top Bottom