• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

This is the BEST detector made

ToddWisconsin

Just thought for all you new guys asking about detectors , that there is NO SUCH thing as a best detector ..Kinda like a best car , You have beginner models , midrange , and high range . The key is to try a few with a dealer , them make a decision. Do not listen to everyone saying brand xxx is the best..What works for one , does not work for another...I bought a Minelab explorer from my buddy that used it for years ...and did NOT like it.. he went back to whites.. I have used Bounty Hunters , whites , and Minelabs..and done well with all three brands.. I even like Tesoros... One thing I recommend is not buying the cheapest detector if you think you will stick with it..And certainly don't buy the top detectors as a first detector..You will lose a lot of money if you change your mind..Buy a midrange unit proven to work well for the price..I don't know the exact figure , but I estimate that 90 percent of the people that buy detectors , give it up after a few outings..That's the truth.. It isn't the detector that finds the coins , it is the user..Took me years and years to figure that out..Some detectors help a little better than others , but all in all MOST finds can be found with any good detector . Go midrange , if you decide to sell , you will recoup most of your costs.. and just remember what works for one guy , does not always work for another. Above all , have fun and properly retrieve your finds no matter what detector you buy . Keeping shovels out of our parks , filling holes ,and picking up trash along the way keeps park rangers happy , and this will ensure our hobby is around many more years to come . Good Luck

Great advice, and always consider the company and dealers customer service reputation.Nothing beats peace of mind.I know that when I chose whites that I would have no worries of any kind when anything, even with my being at fault, was to blame.That kind of comfort is priceless when making an investment.;)

Very good advice...don't but the most expensive detector for your first. I had a horrible salesman (not a sponsor on this or any other forum) sell me a Whites V3i for my first detector. Within 2 months I bought an AT-Pro and the V3i sat in the closet for a year until I sold it this spring.

Here is some other good advice. Check around and see if there is a metal detecting club you can join. Clubs are great...everyone has their own favorite machine and its a good place to check them out and get advice.

Just thought for all you new guys asking about detectors , that there is NO SUCH thing as a best detector ..Kinda like a best car , You have beginner models , midrange , and high range . The key is to try a few with a dealer , them make a decision. Do not listen to everyone saying brand xxx is the best..What works for one , does not work for another...I bought a Minelab explorer from my buddy that used it for years ...and did NOT like it.. he went back to whites.. I have used Bounty Hunters , whites , and Minelabs..and done well with all three brands.. I even like Tesoros... One thing I recommend is not buying the cheapest detector if you think you will stick with it..And certainly don't buy the top detectors as a first detector..You will lose a lot of money if you change your mind..Buy a midrange unit proven to work well for the price..I don't know the exact figure , but I estimate that 90 percent of the people that buy detectors , give it up after a few outings..That's the truth.. It isn't the detector that finds the coins , it is the user..Took me years and years to figure that out..Some detectors help a little better than others , but all in all MOST finds can be found with any good detector . Go midrange , if you decide to sell , you will recoup most of your costs.. and just remember what works for one guy , does not always work for another. Above all , have fun and properly retrieve your finds no matter what detector you buy . Keeping shovels out of our parks , filling holes ,and picking up trash along the way keeps park rangers happy , and this will ensure our hobby is around many more years to come . Good Luck
Yeah,and remember luck is involved.Dealt with a moron on another forum who thought he was our next savior.Said it was only his skill that helps him find what he does.I told him you have to be lucky they lost it in the first place! If your coil doesn't pass over it,it doesn't matter how good you are.

In photography it is said that the best camera is the one you have with you when the action happens.

With detectors, the best detector is the one you learn really well

A little addition

I would also add that patience is invaluable. There is often a lot of rusty junk and trash aluminum between cool finds. Don't get discouraged. As my wife will point out, I struggle with this one myself. Just remember the cool stuff or look at the great pics posted by the members here.

And always think positively. If you start thinking about how this hunt is going to be, or am I going to find anything worthwhile, and the list goes on. If you keep on thinking like that, you will detect really poorly.

Back
Top Bottom