Impact first run UPDATED

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Took the impact to the local ballfield today for a one hour hunt,and that is everything dug on the plate.Only thing not on the plate is a snuff can sized piece of copper that was all folded up,I threw in the woods.But,I’m going to get it,cause I got to thinking once unfolded it might of been somthing cool.
I’ll say this from the door,this machine is probably the deepest machine I’ve used in my soil.I don’t think one target was under 7 inches,most were at least 8 to 9 inches.I have never dug so many deep targets in my life.
Visual ID was spot on ,even though the targets were deep the ID was right where it shoulda been,I’m very impressed.
Found a old studabaker emblem I think,haven’t looked it up yet.And about 6 of those dimes were in a spill ,a very deep spill.im actually surprised no silver,cause this clad was real deep.
I ran a coin program I saw on YouTube,but didn’t get any nickels,maybe none there.But I ran 5 kHz,95 sens,d13 program,stock coil..And it ran quite,I really like the machin. I have a bad wrist,and although the impact is heavier than the at pro it didn’t feel heavy or off balance at all.Hafto get out for a 4 hour hunt and see how it feels.
I don’t consider this a relic machine ,it’s more coin hunter at heart to me.I guess maybe it’s just the way I had it set up.One thing is for sure,it’ll get the goods,and let you know what you have under the coil.

Attachments

• D39ACD9A-5768-47D4-975A-7CC599983182.jpg
    D39ACD9A-5768-47D4-975A-7CC599983182.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 78EADF68-9B73-4000-B5D2-051D292740BC.jpg
    78EADF68-9B73-4000-B5D2-051D292740BC.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Great hunt.....look forward to more on it...

Thanks..Will do,plan on getting out this week on some old fields..Looked up the studabebaker badge,,it’s a radiator emblem from 1916 - 1920 and it’s porcelain painted.,Here’s the car with the emblem on the front of the radiator..Pretty cool

Attachments

• B7477C21-B3EE-4BCF-BF6F-8181B5B89B92.jpg
    B7477C21-B3EE-4BCF-BF6F-8181B5B89B92.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Thanks..Will do,plan on getting out this week on some old fields..Looked up the studabebaker badge,,it’s a radiator emblem from 1916 - 1920 and it’s porcelain painted.,Here’s the car with the emblem on the front of the radiator..Pretty cool

I'd go back and double check your hole, maybe you can find that Studebaker that was buried under that emblem!

Glad you are happy with the Impact !!! Everyone has a machine that they click with and some they just don't like. I tried very hard to like the XP Deus and have owned three of them. I just never clicked with it no matter how hard I tried. I now own a machine that I really like more and more every time I use it. Good luck in your future hunts with the Impact !!!

Love my Impact, i have found silver dimes with solid ID and tone at 8 to 9 inches so far , not even iffy. Not sure what the max depth will end up being.

Hit a curbstrip in front of my house tonight,just got in..About 45 minutes on a curb that has stopped giving up anything for awhile now..I’m sold on this Impact ,,I think this is mayb my 3rd buffalo ever..I’m gonna say somthing because it should be said..Everyone is chasing down the equinox,and they’re passing up probably the best machine made in my opinion,the impact.I took the nox 600 over this little strip in front of my house twice,and here is one trip with the impact,stock coil.

I wanted to ad,that buffalo nickel was deep,so deep I thought I just might have my first shield nickel or something else really cool.i couldn't see it with the pinpoining light,but I knew it was something good.. Unbelievable how deep this machine hits and ID perfect..Tonight I ran 14 khz

Attachments

• 996B2B12-72A9-4FEE-9F9B-1DBBD5315E8A.jpg
    996B2B12-72A9-4FEE-9F9B-1DBBD5315E8A.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 349
  • B005909C-191A-487C-B17E-8CAA1B34E90C.jpg
    B005909C-191A-487C-B17E-8CAA1B34E90C.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
I always run 14 khz too. It will hit that deep with the little elliptical coil too! I am waiting to see what my Nox 800 will do with the small coil and compare to the impact small elliptical. It will be interesting for sure.

I'm sure i read that the Nox was hitting deep targets that the Impact could see in TNSS reports, is your soil very mild?

I always run 14 khz too. It will hit that deep with the little elliptical coil too! I am waiting to see what my Nox 800 will do with the small coil and compare to the impact small elliptical. It will be interesting for sure.

Yea,I’d lke to hear what you think about the nox and the small coil,I haven’t used the small coil on the impact yet

The Impact and also likely Kruzer multi (I haven't used one) are in the top tier of detectors for sneaking out finds out of sites.
I wrote a lot about Impact here.
Impressive unit.

In high mineral dirt Equinox has small edge for depth. So if your soil is somewhat milder every bit as deep as Nox. Remember I can't rate Multi Kruzer.

We should be keeping a close eye on Makro/Nokta.
Why?
Because they are a major detector manufacturer who has high potential to make even more great detectors.
And they do listen to actual past customers and potential customers.

Don't be surprised to see a true multi freq detector from them in the near future.
No, I don't have any inside info.
Just my feeling based on what they have achieved thus far.

The Impact and also likely Kruzer multi (I haven't used one) are in the top tier of detectors for sneaking out finds out of sites.
I wrote a lot about Impact here.
Impressive unit.

In high mineral dirt Equinox has small edge for depth. So if your soil is somewhat milder every bit as deep as Nox. Remember I can't rate Multi Kruzer.

We should be keeping a close eye on Makro/Nokta.
Why?
Because they are a major detector manufacturer who has high potential to make even more great detectors.
And they do listen to actual past customers and potential customers.

Don't be surprised to see a true multi freq detector from them in the near future.
No, I don't have any inside info.
Just my feeling based on what they have achieved thus far.

I can see them coming out with a multi frequency machine.I said somthing once about Minelab not listening or responding to the customers,,and ole Randy Horton said they don’t have the time to respond,so they have guys like him moderate it,and claimed he didn’t work for Minelab.I guess he’s a middleman in communications,,but I prefer makro and getting it from the horses mouth.Not much stock in middlemen.

I found a 1916 merc dime in a site (area) I had pounded by fbs CTX and Etrac stock and small coils.

Impact nailed it.
I had a witness too, actual forum member here watched.

A few tips.
I actually used 20khz to locate the dime but did some some checks after Imgot over it using 5khz.

Why?
Use of 20khz allowed more error in coil,position/sweep to locate. Signal in 5khz was extremely high coil position sensitive. I likely may not have located the dime.
This happened to me too in other pounded sites.
What I am saying is Impact and likely multi Kruzer offers tools to locate and also check targets. Good detector for limited digging too.
The way the iron tone works, the meter, and use of non normalized vid presentation with use of different freqs makes the Impact a killer detector for higher conductors is difficult to detect sites. Person just needs patience and believing in the detector.
I broke a few site records too for just locating the first coin ever in some of my sites using. This should speak volumes.

I encourage folks to read my thread here on what I said when I tested Impact both in controlled situations and in the wild.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=243135

I found a 1916 merc dime in a site (area) I had pounded by fbs CTX and Etrac stock and small coils.

Impact nailed it.
I had a witness too, actual forum member here watched.

A few tips.
I actually used 20khz to locate the dime but did some some checks after Imgot over it using 5khz.

Why?
Use of 20khz allowed more error in coil,position/sweep to locate. Signal in 5khz was extremely high coil position sensitive. I likely may not have located the dime.
This happened to me too in other pounded sites.
What I am saying is Impact and likely multi Kruzer offers tools to locate and also check targets. Good detector for limited digging too.
The way the iron tone works, the meter, and use of non normalized vid presentation with use of different freqs makes the Impact a killer detector for higher conductors.

I’m gonna go back and read some of your posts on the impact,I’m real surprised more people don’t swing them.I like the racer 2,,but it’s not a racer 2 at all

I’m gonna go back and read some of your posts on the impact,I’m real surprised more people don’t swing them.I like the racer 2,,but it’s not a racer 2 at all

No, Impact a user will dig far less junk (if they know how to run properly).

I give tips in my thread I linked above.

Small football coil is one heck of a setup in polluted sites.
Equinox with small coil may be the only other one that can compete in my opinion. It may not though, we'll have to see since the smallest coil for Nox is 6" wide.

And the why behind the reason my Impact is not going anywhere.
Yeah,,lots of folks don't realize how good the Impact is.
I tried to tell folks in my thread.

For coin hunting. Impact trounces Deus IMO.

And the why behind the reason my Impact is not going anywhere.
Yeah,,lots of folks don't realize how good the Impact is.
I tried to tell folks in my thread.

For coin hunting. Impact trounces Deus IMO.

didn't you have the impact for sale a while back ?? :laughing::laughing:

I really like my racer 2 and if the impact is a step up from that, I may have to start saving up for one. Unfortunately this year has been a total bust for hunting time.

Back
Top Bottom