Waterproofing head phone connector

Caintuk

I have recently purchased a Whites mx sport. While the detector is completely water proof up to 10 feet, the head phones are not. It comes with an adaptor that the non waterproof head phones plug into. The adaptor cord connector going into detector is water proof, and is about 2 ft. Long. The other end is made to where a standard set of head phones can be plugged in and is not water proof. I think that Whites shouldve included the waterproof head phones with this unit, but are considered optional. I am going to get the waterproof set in the future. We are going on a club hunt that has been planned for months, and as luck would have it, rain is in the forcast. I would like to get ideas on how to waterproof connection, as opposed to not using head phones in wet weather. Any ideas?

Heat shrink but you'll have to cut it off if you want it disconnected.

Has anyone ever tried plasti dip? I've wondered if that would work. I have thought about heat shrink. I'm not concerned with disconnecting, as the whole adaptor is for non water proof head phones anyway, and would disconnect from the water proof end that goes in detector.

I would use plasti dip. I used it on my pinpointer and it works great. I will be using it on my connections when my waterproof earbuds buds arrive, I don't like headphones.

That Flex Seal rubber in a can should work.A couple coats waterproofs anything.I used it to repair an old abused pair of waders and got an extra 2 years out of them,Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom