Tesoro silver IMAX

Philbyfile

Forum Supporter
A bit of a noobie question, but my father has connections in England and wants to get a detector to take over there with him. He has a Ace 250 but is worried about it's collapsibility and is looking at purchasing a Tesoro Silver umax. Anyone have any idea as to whether or not the Tesoro can break down enough to fit into a suitcase?

He's not interested in dumping a lot of money into a higher end machine as he is basically just starting out with MDing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I think that if you were to break down the, ACE it would probably take a slight bit more space, but unless he just wants a Silver µmax, I wouldn't opt for the extra expense.

They break down surprisingly small . When mine came in the mail I'm thinking ... this can't be the detector , the box is too small ! :shock:
If you're interested in a lightly used Silver uMax shoot me a PM . I only used mine for a few months then upgraded to an Outlaw .

If he gets the Tesoro, he won't be sorry.
There so much more enjoyable to use than a 250.

The ace 250 breaks down surprisingly small without much effort , it will easily fit into most suitcases with plenty of room to spare. There really isnt that much difference in size between the two when broke down.

The Tesoros break down very small. I was able to get my Eldorado in a medium sized suitcase no problem. I tossed my pinpointer in too. I put the 9 volts in my backpack.

Joe

A bit of a noobie question, but my father has connections in England and wants to get a detector to take over there with him. He has a Ace 250 but is worried about it's collapsibility and is looking at purchasing a Tesoro Silver umax. Anyone have any idea as to whether or not the Tesoro can break down enough to fit into a suitcase?

He's not interested in dumping a lot of money into a higher end machine as he is basically just starting out with MDing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I just measured the longest pole when my Umaxx is broken down and it measure 19.75 inches. So as long as your suitcase is at least that long (and what suitcase isn't) you wont have any problems.

I generally agree. When it comes to finding coins the silver will blow the doors off of an Ace250. Not so much when it comes to relics. But that's me and I've owned both, but you know what they say about opinions.
I can say that if I had to suggest a detector to a new detectorist it would hands down be the Silver Umaxx or Compadre. Same for a detector for children..... and yes, I have 3 of those as well. So I'm not just talking out of my @#$#. :lol:

I actually enjoy my Ace more, since I don't know what the trash situation will be like in every case. I use the Silver in low trash areas.:cool: I tested them side by side and I wouldn't say it THAT much better than the Ace.

Back
Top Bottom