Makro took care of coil issues.. they have an excellent customer service dept.

basstrackerman

Elite Member
I deleted the info in this thread because its getting out of hand.. makro has taken care of coil issues.. they have made every attempt to make all customers happy..

Man that stinks. I think you won't be the only unhappy camper. Heck even TN may not get a free coil to fix his free machine:lol:

load of bull! Their crappy coils have been snapping off at the ears and they KNOW it's a problem. I know a dealer/tester who had 4 of them break! He dumped their detectors and wont promote them to his customers anymore.

So, what does the warranty actually cover, if not the entire machine? Or was that coil purchased separately? Still, seems like there should be some sort of warranty on a coil costing $139. Really poor design work, if they think it broke, because you abused it, or improperly installed it. You got to figure it'll get bumped around occasionally, can't see everything sticking up out of the ground.

Basstrackerman,
Where did you get your coil????

What does the paperwork say that come with your 5x10" coil??? Warranty wise and transportation cost wise???

I don't have a 5x10 coil so I don't know.

But something sounds strange.

If you bought from a dealer, have you talked to them???

And I don't think it's any companies defense from a warranty standpoint---we haven't had any other broken coils reported.

Have you posted a pic of the broken coil anywhere??? I would like to see.

Tnss read the email they sent me.. Above.. They said we havent had one broken on that coil til now.. I sent them pics of both coils.. The pics show same things, broken ears on coils.. But because the 11x7 has had complaints they replaced ..but not the 5.5x10 because no others were reported broken.. But ive seen 3 now that have broken on these coils.

Tnss read the email they sent me.. Above.. They said we havent had one broken on that coil til now.. I sent them pics of both coils.. The pics show same things, broken ears on coils.. But because the 11x7 has had complaints they replaced ..but not the 5.5x10 because no others were reported broken.. But ive seen 3 now that have broken on these coils.

But you didn't answer my questions above.

I am new to the hobby, but I PROMISE you I will never own a Makro. EVER. That is just plain horrible CS. Companies like this don't last long unless they get their act together.

Obviously this must be "user error"', Bill you've only been detecting since 1978, and probably not sure how to put the screw into the coil, or the proper technique of the challenging skill of swinging the coil side to side. This have to be user error.

Bill, you might have to contact their tech service department on the proper way to put the screw in, since it sounds like the manufacturer knows how to put the "screw in"

I think I will pass on this organization with their customer service record.

So your issue is being resolved through via by your dealer.

I could understand you posting about the broken coil---for just reporting.

But why did you wait till now to tell us your coil is being taken care of via dealer?

I mean I had to ask you it seems before you gave us here the info.

I personally don't care who remedies any warranty problems I have, as long as they are taken care of.

So your issue is being resolved through via by your dealer.

I could understand you posting about the broken coil---for just reporting.

But why did you wait till now to tell us your coil is being taken care of via dealer?

I mean I had to ask you it seems before you gave us here the info.

I personally don't care who remedies any warranty problems I have, as long as they are taken care of.

Because its not a warranty repair or replacement. It sounds like the dealer is going to eat the loss of the cost of a new coil to keep his customer happy.

Thats a great dealer going above and beyond a crappy company.

Folks,
Here's my unbiased opinion.

Any detector/detector accessory that you have (any brand). You have a problem; especially on a detector/detector accessory that's not very old. I would highly recommend you contact your dealer.

Now your dealer may take care of you personally or they may give you a referral. If they take care of you personally and they are a sponsor here---by all means give them Kudos.

This calling your dealer also does something else important I feel. It gives them feedback on a product they sell. The dealers do talk to distributors and or manufacturer reps.

And dealers/sponsors don't have time to browse every thread on detecting forums.

As far as posting about your problems on a forum. I personally think you need to post all facts relevant to your problem(s).

I've talked to my dealer
I talked to whoever else
My issue is or is not being resolved.

Now a person can do the above and not mention names or names of businesses by name and still provide good information.

And I'll repeat---any sponsor here of this forum who takes care of you--tell us.
Good/Hard work by sponsors here needs to be recognized. And me saying this doesn't mean it's not already happening---this is just a friendly reminder/reinforcement.

Exactly jason... Tnss is a fanboy so may be slow to pick up on that ;) i dont think the dealer should eat the price of these coils. And im sure if makro will not refund dealer then in a week when others have these issues but have no where to go then what?? Tnss i do care who loses money because a manufacturer wont stand behind a bad product. How many dealers wanna piss money away??

Exactly jason... Tnss is a fanboy so may be slow to pick up on that ;) i dont think the dealer should eat the price of these coils. And im sure if makro will not refund dealer then in a week when others have these issues but have no where to go then what?? Tnss i do care who loses money because a manufacturer wont stand behind a bad product. How many dealers wanna piss money away??

Basstrackerman,

Excuse me, but didn't you address me personally in a thread about your coil issues.

And this you saying dealer is eating cost??? You know this to be fact???

Sounds like you have been taken care of. What else you want???

Tnss what does posting the dealer info have anything to do with the manufacturer not doing their part??? I wasnt gonna post the dealer because he isnt sure he will be reimbursed for this coil.. And when or if he does get covered by makro then i will post my dealers name and how great he is. But til we know im not. So hush it there fan boy

Tnss i have noticed you like to take over threads. Your long winded and wont shut up. Lighten up Francis lol this thread is about the manufacturer..i may be taken cars of i dont know 100% but i kmow of 3 other same size coils broke now so what will happen to them?? You expect the dealers to eat all of these?

Back
Top Bottom