Gti2500

MedicManiac

HI!!

I have a next to new GTI2000 I purchased awhile back. For $350, I can ship it to Garrett to be upgraded to a GTI2500.

Not sure if I should do it. Does anyone even use a 2500 any more? There are few videos on youtube of folks using it.

Thinking its not worth it. I don't know. What do you think?

Well, I shipped it in anyways. I’m super curious why Garrett still makes this machine. Thanks for the help, everyone.

It has a very deep true all metal mode. The imaging, once perfected, is really a great feature. If coin shooting or jewelry hunting, the imaging saves you a lot of time be leaving the larger targets in the ground. The reason it is still being sold, is because it can also be used with the large 2 box attachment, for searching for deep targets, measured in feet, not inches.

I have had my GTI 2500 out this year a couple of times. Mine is the older version with "Treasure Talk" which I will never sell.

Attachments

• DSCN1635.jpg
    DSCN1635.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 248
It has a very deep true all metal mode. The imaging, once perfected, is really a great feature. If coin shooting or jewelry hunting, the imaging saves you a lot of time be leaving the larger targets in the ground. The reason it is still being sold, is because it can also be used with the large 2 box attachment, for searching for deep targets, measured in feet, not inches.

I have had my GTI 2500 out this year a couple of times. Mine is the older version with "Treasure Talk" which I will never sell.

Interesting. I was also wondering why it was still in production. Thanks for the info!

I have used the 2500 before and the imaging is pretty cool. It is a beast to swing and I think the imaging coils are limited but it performs good.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

My back and arm could no longer swing the 2500 for long periods. I owned it for more than 10-years with the original Treasure Talk. Had four coils, AND the Treasure Hound deep seeking box coils. It found massive amounts of coins, relics, and treasures while I could still manage the weight, but the body gets older, and I needed something lighter.
Sold the whole package two months ago to a buyer in Bolivia. He's probably after Aztec or Inca relics that are deep, and he will appreciate its capabilities.
I replaced with the Minelab Equinox 600 and 800, and I'm happy, though I miss the female voice of Treasure Talk!

I would not upgrade it as it is older technology. I'm surprised garrett hasnt come out with a new flagship detector. For me if there flaggship is the at pro that is a little sad because it doesnt have any features that newer machines from minelab have

I shipped it in anyways. I’m going to do a YouTube series on it and how the machine does. Perhaps it could be helpful/entertaining.

I also have an older 2500 that talks to you. It is my favorite detector. While a little heavier than some of my detectors it balances out well and I never notice the weight while using it. What is the difference between a 2000 and a 2500/ I had never heard of a 2000.

The 2000 was a failed version of the 2500. Same treasure talk features and operation, but pretty bad at producing solid signals. It looks exactly like a 2500, just different internals.

Back
Top Bottom