Any F-Pulse users with an opinion yet?

I've been using mine for a while. It is very sensitive (as a matter of fact I prefer using it in low sensitivity).

Now, in a couple of hunts I have need to reboot it 4 times. I don't think it is normal, and I've read several posts about users with same issue, or even worse.

It is not rechargeable batteries friendly so I stopped using mine that work perfectly in other machines. It works ok with alkaline, but to my taste even 4 times that is has frozen and I needed to reboot it, are too much.

It seems to be a good pinpointer but sadly it seems quality control was not very good, imho.

So, you are saying that yours froze up even using alkaline batteries?

I've been using mine for a while. It is very sensitive (as a matter of fact I prefer using it in low sensitivity).

Now, in a couple of hunts I have need to reboot it 4 times. I don't think it is normal, and I've read several posts about users with same issue, or even worse.

It is not rechargeable batteries friendly so I stopped using mine that work perfectly in other machines. It works ok with alkaline, but to my taste even 4 times that is has frozen and I needed to reboot it, are too much.

It seems to be a good pinpointer but sadly it seems quality control was not very good, imho.

I was watching some YouTube videos on the F-pulse and the Silver Fiend shows how to reset the tool if falling occurs. I suggest that you check his video out.

Yes I was using alkalines, and yes I know about the reset function but it implies to unscrew the battery cover, pull batteries out, reinsert and restart the pinpointer. Too annoying when its happening often!

Yes I was using alkalines, and yes I know about the reset function but it implies to unscrew the battery cover, pull batteries out, reinsert and restart the pinpointer. Too annoying when its happening often!

If mine ever locks up to the point of needing to pull batteries with the alkaline batteries, I WILL take their RMA fir the return and send mine back. So far, my new pair of Rayovac alkaline batteries haven't skipped a beat. As long as you were sure that you had a solid, fresh pair of alkalines, you are right in saying 4 times is just wrong. Once will kill my contract with Fisher if mine hangs on alkalines.

Yes, they were absolutely fresh Energizer, bought them after I saw it refused to work with my rechargeables. I just contacted dealer, lets hope he makes this right.

I emailed seller yesterday, they called me on the phone this morning and sent me a return label to print. I just sent the F-Pulse back, they told me they will send me another unit as soon as they receive the faulty one. Great service and support from this company, Serious Detecting.

I emailed seller yesterday, they called me on the phone this morning and sent me a return label to print. I just sent the F-Pulse back, they told me they will send me another unit as soon as they receive the faulty one. Great service and support from this company, Serious Detecting.

Great news! Hopefully you’ll be back in business real soon.

Mine still does not work.I talked to Felix and he said to contact the seller and see if they have another in stock.I did not, It's been weeks since, I just hunt with the Mars pointer instead.My next one will be the new XP deus pointer.I like the mi-6 so well, I'll gamble on the the new Mi-4.It sucks to pay $129 for a pointer to use it a few times.Felix is a great person in my opinion, I honestly don't know if its the aka machines, my wireless headphones or the combination that might prevent the F- pulse to work properly. It seemed to work at home when nothing else was in use.I do not wish to turn the machine off every time I use the pointer. Lesson learned.....

I will probably try the Fisher F Pulse at some point, but am worried about the reports of excessive falsing and interference with detectors. Having tried a bunch of them, I currently favor the Whites TRX--deep and does not cause much interference.

I will probably try the Fisher F Pulse at some point, but am worried about the reports of excessive falsing and interference with detectors. Having tried a bunch of them, I currently favor the Whites TRX--deep and does not cause much interference.

The instruction manual has direction for how to shift the frequency of the pinpointer to stop interference with a detector. I havent played with that option, but I know its there.

I now have the F-Pulse, but am not sure I like it. No real problem with EMI. It is more likely than the TRX to cause the Nox to chatter, but just move the Nox a foot more to the side and no problem. My first session, the F-Pulse seemed to do quite well compared to the TRX. But the next couple, I had a lot of trouble with falsing, and as the battery ran down, it pretty much became unusuable. I'll put a new battery in and give it another chance, but meanwhile my TRX seems a lot more civilized...

I still absolutely hate the F- Pulse pointer.You cannot shift it to where it will work with a Aka machine.It sits in a box at home while I use an older pointer instead.In my opinion, it hasn't worked right from day one.I'm saving to buy a new pointer, again.

I still absolutely hate the F- Pulse pointer.You cannot shift it to where it will work with a Aka machine.It sits in a box at home while I use an older pointer instead.In my opinion, it hasn't worked right from day one.I'm saving to buy a new pointer, again.

I'll trade ya a Predator Tools Little Mac shovel for it.

Absolutely hate my F pulse pointer.It constantly falses, often having to undo the battery plug to stop it because the switch does nothing when it goes into runaway mode.I called the service dept and they told me I don't know how to operate it correctly, person's English was not that great or my hearing is worse than I thought.I tried different settings with the same result, I tried contacting them by email with no results.The worst $129 I ever spent !

You spoke to Felix as did I. Look I’ve been doing this going on 28 years, and if it’s one thing I know it’s detecting, pin pointers, and women😂 he told me the same thing, acted as if I didn’t know how to use it. Had it not came in a package I would be asking for a full refund. I am however going to be sending it back in. I don’t care what he says my Garrett carrot never ever had any problems at all.

The man who knows everything - learns nothing.

Send it back, they will replace it. I suspect if you use it the same way you have you will remain unsatisfied.

Or perhaps it is defective and your non-standard method of operating it wasn’t the problem after all.

Time will tell - keep us posted.

The man who knows everything - learns nothing.

Send it back, they will replace it. I suspect if you use it the same way you have you will remain unsatisfied.

Or perhaps it is defective and your non-standard method of operating it wasn’t the problem after all.

Time will tell - keep us posted.

It was exchanged through Felix. The newest f-pulse pointer is dead again and laying in trunk of my car after having been used a ton of hours.I've yet to throw it out but first pointer that I've seen separate in body design on its own, not good !!! However, lesson learned on pointers.I am down to using the coil or the xp mi-6 pointer,I've yet to buy another back up pointer for I don't like cost per longevity of most pointers lifespan, not very cost effective and I don't mind the XP mi-6,The best pointer so far, about 3 years old and still works like it is suppose to, Mars pointer was another good buy, it lasted 2 years at a mere $80,I'll likely break down and buy another mars or carrot again.

I have been using mine for 3 years now. I like the depth of detection and the point seems more sensitive than the sides of the unit. A lot of times I can pin-point with the F-Pulse before I even start digging. I did have some trouble with the spring in the cap not making good contact with the negative battery end, but just stretched the spring out some and remedied that. Also, it seems to work best with fresher batteries. When the batteries get near the end of their usefulness the unit can get quirky.

When I need another pin-pointer, or a back up, it will be a Fisher F-Pulse.

An interesting re-fresh of an old post, but while I read them all, I'm only going to respond to current posts on this topic because the Pinpointer has been in production long enough to have taken care of any glitches.

For the record, I am wrapping up my 55th year of metal detecting and start my 56th this coming March. I learned how to use a detector and isolate a target (pinpoint) early on and still do most pinpointing with the detector in-hand. When the earlier pinpointing devices came on the market I tried them but wasn't overly impressed. Not for quite some time.

Note, too, that I have always pampered my detecting gear. I keep it clean, not muddy or dirty, and maintain that condition. I don't drop them or toss the detectors around and the same goes for their little sidekicks, the Pinpointers.

The Garrett Pro-Pointer, thanks to design, performance, and especially their marketing, pretty much rose to the level by which all other Pinpointers are compared with it. If you have a good working Garrett Pro-Pointer you will find it a comfortable fit in the hand, easy to use, and it provides adequate performance. Note the word 'If'.

After they came out I was impressed enough to make it the first hand-held Pinpointer I started keeping on my gear belt and using. It didn't last a year, and I don't use them with every find and they are always pampered. So after about 10 months I bought a 2nd Pro-Pointer. Very reliable performance, when it came on which after a few months sometimes took a few presses on the button. Again, before the year was out, it was also time to replace the Pro-Pointer that just quit on me.

I had tried a few others and the only one at the time that I liked and worked well was the White's Bullseye II. I got a new Bullseye II and Garrett Pro-Pointer, and a short time later a friend called. He was headed out of state for a few months and wanted to get a new Pinpointer as his Garrett Pro-Pointer had died. I sold him my new Pro-Pointer ... bargain priced!

On January 8th of 2015 I got a new Nokta FORS CoRe detector and Makro Pinpointer. That Makro Pointer has stayed on my gear belt for almost 5 years now and never have I had a glitch. Other Pinpointers have come along and I check them out, but if they are uncomfortable to handle or have terrible performance or just to much tinkering required to change settings, I let them go.

Today, I own several different Pinpointers that I am using this week with all the different detectors I have on-hand from Fisher, Garrett, Makro, Nokta, Nokta/Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro, White's and XP, using them all to evaluate EMI issues between detectors and pinpointers.

In addition to my very proven Makro Pointer I have bought the following devices: A new Garrett Pro-Pointer AT w/Z-link capability, a Nokta / Makro Pulse-Dime Pinpointer, a Teknetics Tek-Point (same as the Fisher F-Pulse) and I have two new XP MI-6 pinpointers I use with my two ORX devices.

Civil_war22 said:
You spoke to Felix as did I. Look I’ve been doing this going on 28 years, and if it’s one thing I know it’s detecting, pin pointers, and women�� he told me the same thing, acted as if I didn’t know how to use it. Had it not came in a package I would be asking for a full refund. I am however going to be sending it back in. I don’t care what he says my Garrett carrot never ever had any problems at all.
I think it should be sent it and taken care of. I have had very good service, the few times it was needed, from the FTP outfit, and I am very impressed with the feel, fit, and performance of my Tek-Point.

MCH said:
I have been using mine for 3 years now. I like the depth of detection and the point seems more sensitive than the sides of the unit. A lot of times I can pin-point with the F-Pulse before I even start digging. I did have some trouble with the spring in the cap not making good contact with the negative battery end, but just stretched the spring out some and remedied that. Also, it seems to work best with fresher batteries. When the batteries get near the end of their usefulness the unit can get quirky.

When I need another pin-pointer, or a back up, it will be a Fisher F-Pulse.
My Tek-Point is the same device but in a different colored package and I agree with you on the performance. I haven't had any issues with a spring or anything so far, and don't anticipate any.

I'll start my side-by-side testing of the Pinpointers with each of the different make and model detectors today, but just from doing some side-by-side comparisons of Pinpointer Performance on naturally located coins, the Tek-Point is hard to beat.

The MI-6 pointers work well, but I especially like them and their performance when used with my ORX units. They disable the coil and I hear them in my headphones w/o any interference .... and they do have impressive detection depth and pinpointing ability.

All the rest of them have their good and bad points, but I'd have to say the Tek-Point does provide a more noticeable edge in depth and sensitivity on targets at their fringe performance range. As of this morning it would be my 1st pick of them all if I had to make a performance decision now. The next step is to evaluate their performance without causing annoying EMI issues. I now it is one I won't part with, and I'll have it ready to use if or when my loyal Makro Pointer ever gives up.

Monte

Im new of course, but have had no issues with my F-Pulse, as mentioned before on shallow targets it will often lead me right to the target. It does have a slight learning curve and once you understand the programming its easy to change settings IMO... I now have 2, one for wife and one for me, no issues with either

Back
Top Bottom