• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal detecting laws

batman86

Does anyone have information on metal detecting laws for Ohio? Any information for would be great.

Thank you.

Thank you, I have already found that site I was hopeing for a little more information.

That link homefire gave has got to be the best rules site for a given State I've ever seen. What type of specific info are you looking for?

Last edited:
metal detecting

you can obtain a permit to hunt in the metro parks for about 15.00 dollars through the metro park admin. you cannot hunt on historical sites or state funded historical preservation sites. anything else is fair game with permission to hunt on private land or public hunting. there are no laws for hunting on state land that has not been historicaly preserved for some reason or another. some states are about stupid about metal detecting anyway!!! i can see if it is a historical land mark but if i am in the woods in no mans land what-t-f makes a difference??? it's allways some stupid law that some stupid people make that f's the little man. BUT IF I WANTED TO MINE THE LAND AND DESTROY THE HABITAT AND RUIN THE WATER QUALITY for ever that's ok to do since the state can make some money on it!!! nobody uses a back hoe or drag line to dig a whole to metal detect. why dont these states wake up and say you can metal detect with a license at about $20.00 a year with a coarse on proper digging proceedures???? maybe we all can get a petition started and run it up to capital hill. why not......look what these gay people are doing and these tree huggers are putting on tv. look what the hell has happened to the gulf with this oil spill. ohhhhh and if i see logan that poor dog one more time i am going to puke!!! just send your contribution of $17.00 a month and help save these poor animals. give me a brake!!! how about sending $17.00 and help a homeless family who just lost their home and everthing they had because of this economy!!! :mad::mad:

What I was looking for was information on central Ohio I should have been more informative on that. I called Mansfield Oh and asked what their metal detecting rules were and the lady I talked to said she had no idea. I talked to a police officer he said there were no laws, so I talked to another guy who metal detects and he said he was fined for metal detecting. So I was trying to figure out what the truth is.

like i said................he was hunting on private property or a historical state site!!!!!!!!!!! other than than freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:yes:

If you want more, your going to have to hit it the hard way.

Hit all and any agencies that could be involved.

Down here in New Mexico, You can detect in the National forest but must abide by the 1906 antiquities laws.

You can Gold Pan by hand but if you disturb the water you have to deal with the EPA!

There is NO ONE SORCE!

Back
Top Bottom