• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Awesome Roy Rogers Gun

BlueShuckle

What's up guys today I was hunting in my yard because it seems to never be hunted out no matter how many times I search it, and it proved to be full of treasure again. I was searching along the edge of my frontyard where and old sidewalk and gazebo used to stand when I hit the + symbol on the F2. Now this usually means iron or big silver (usually iron), but I decided to dig it since I hadn't found much and it was getting dark. As I dug down I popped out the smallest piece of the gun (which you will see in the picture) and thought nothing of it. Rescanning the hole I heard more beeps and continued digging only to find this amazing Roy Rogers toy gun.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's a sweet find and my first toy gun ever. I don't know the date but my dad said possibly the 1950's since Roy Rogers was popular back then. If you guys have any information it would be much appreciated, so thanks for looking and HH!

So the first pic is parts of the gun.
Then you just put the parts together?
nice! I bet the kid didn't care for losing it.
And father wasn't to happy ether.

It's possibly even older than the fifties. Metal cap guns were practically non-existent during the war years; but the toy market began to be flooded with "pot metal" guns in 1946. The war ended when I was in the third grade; and I had a Roy Rogers cap gun very similar to that while a fourth grader.

Very cool...
Anything Roy Rogers is a good find..
Wish we had more people like him in this world today.. Congrats..
Sonny

Back
Top Bottom