Info on a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw

guinnessfc

Ok I have posted a few times on this board and now have gone out twice with my BH Quick Draw and now I wish I could get some info on how to fine tune my searches. As mentioned I am new to the hobby and was interested in getting into MD'ing. I was fortunate to find a Bounty HUnter "Quick Draw" at a goodwill store for 15 bucks. I thought why dont I give this a try and see if this is something I enjoy before I drop the coin ( no pun intended) on an expensive unit. Well having gone out twice I think this is something I will enjoy but would liek to figured out how to fully used the MD I have.

NoteThis is not a Quick Draw 2 it is aBounty Hunter QUICK DRAW

What I am wondering is does anyone have any information on this unit. I have searched the web and can only find info on the Quick Draw 2... I have tried to go through the BH website but it does not seemed to be functioning. You cannot use their email nor their forum... You just get an error message when you try to send a question or try to register...

Anyway here is a picture of the control unit to helo identify this MD any help would be appreicated

cheers

charles

Attachments

• IMG_4823_1.jpg
    IMG_4823_1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 349
That looks different than my QD2. What kind of questions do you have about it? For $15 that is a steal. Have you found anything with it?

tater said:
That looks different than my QD2. What kind of questions do you have about it? For $15 that is a steal. Have you found anything with it?

Thanks for the note Tater... Yes I have been out twice now posted pictures in the Stories of Finds forum.. Found $1.27 in clad today...

As mentioned this is not a Quick Draw 2 it is just a Quick Draw, and as you point out the control unit is very different . Has anyone every heard of this unit before? My questions are I am not sure how to use the controls... I reviewed the BH QD2 manual and as you mention it is no tthe same tyoe of unit. I think I did learn the a little for that manual though. I guess what I need is help utilizing the sensitivity and discrimination and the notch controls.. I am not sure how these work ont his unit... Not to mention I wonder how old this unit is I cannot find any documenation on its exisitence....

I havent seen this model before. On the QD2 if you turn the sensitivity clock wise it gets more sensetive. The discrimination knob if you turn it clockwise you start tunning things out. Example- if your in a real trashy place turn your knob clockwise and it wount pick up as much trash. You need to get a feel for your machine. Still at $15 you cant go wrong. Let us know how you do. Remember the older a site is the older your finds will be.

Below is the BH contact info from the ask an expert section of their website. I'd just give them a call. I agree you got a steal on that detector.
[email protected]

1 800 444-5994

First Texas Products, LP
Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors
1100 Pendale Rd.
El Paso, Texas 79907
Phone: (915) 633-8354
Fax: (915) 633-8529

early_americana said:
Below is the BH contact info from the ask an expert section of their website. I'd just give them a call. I agree you got a steal on that detector.
[email protected]

1 800 444-5994

First Texas Products, LP
1100 Pendale Rd.
El Paso, Texas 79907

Thanks for the info. Much appreicated. I will follow up via telephone ....

cheers

charles

If you already found $1.27 with your BH, you're almost 10% paid back on your investment. Congrats!

brooklynct2003 said:
If you already found $1.27 with your BH, you're almost 10% paid back on your investment. Congrats!

Yeah no kidding I am actually at $2.80 for my two trips out... I think the fun I have had going out learning have to use the machine and findinf this site is worth more then the monetary value... The investment was well worth my $15 dollars

cheers
Charles

On my BH landstar I run my sens. on wide open and disc. all the way down(counter clockwise) and dig everything above iron unless I am in heavy pulltab areas then I use autoknotch. If you only have notch and no autoknotch, put a pulltab, nickle, and a zinc penny on the ground a couple of feet apart and set your knotch untill the pulltab dissappears and you can still pick up the coins. But remenber, a lot of jewelry(gold) items will be missed. Only use when you cain't bear to dig another tab. To run sens. wide open, you have to make sure the coil cable is tight against the shaft and doesn't move or you will get false signals(at bottom near coil). A little electrical tape works good. You have a good detector...before you upgrade...make sure you try the one you want first to make sure it is what your looking for. You will get spoiled with the 3-tone id without the threashold hum. (if your model has this) You will also find that your depth is comparable, if not better, than many other units out there. Happy huning.

thanks for the info and the email address. I now have a manual being sent to me from Bounty Hunter.....

cheers
Charles

early_americana said:
[email protected]

1 800 444-5994

First Texas Products, LP
1100 Pendale Rd.
El Paso, Texas 79907

Back
Top Bottom