What I do!!

Don

Forum Supporter
With work so hard to find around here, I decided to venture on something new!! I am now sometimes known as "Da Bronx Dog". And here's some pics to prove it!!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 183
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 181
Thata cool Don, I think that would be kind of fun. I live out in the middle of nowhere and the largest place around me is a place with about 20,000 people. I saw an older lady last summer with a setup like yours (I never stopped to check it out), I asked someone why she hasn't been out this summer & I was told that they (the city) wouldn't allow her to do it anymore. Does one need some kind of license or something??? I guess you wouldn't want a person to try to sue for getting sick & trying to blame it on the hotdogs. Nowadays you can't be too careful but I still think it is a great idea. Steve.

Maybe I'll start one up in my little town and call it "Da Vancouver Dog" :lol:

Wowwy! That's a nice set up you got there. Good luck and remember,
if business slows down, you can always eat the inventory.

I've been trying to talk my wife into buying a hot dog stand,but she does not want to hear it.You get the right spot and I bet you can make a pretty fair living from it.Looks like alot of fun!!!

Awesome Don! I remember a lady who had a similar setup who would show up around break time at my tech school and clean house 4 nights a week.

Best of luck! :waytogo:

Thata cool Don, I think that would be kind of fun. I live out in the middle of nowhere and the largest place around me is a place with about 20,000 people. I saw an older lady last summer with a setup like yours (I never stopped to check it out), I asked someone why she hasn't been out this summer & I was told that they (the city) wouldn't allow her to do it anymore. Does one need some kind of license or something??? I guess you wouldn't want a person to try to sue for getting sick & trying to blame it on the hotdogs. Nowadays you can't be too careful but I still think it is a great idea. Steve.

Maybe I'll start one up in my little town and call it "Da Vancouver Dog" :lol:

There's a lot of red tape. It took months for me to become legal. Business license, health inspection. The biggest problem is finding a certified kitchen to clean the cart, and store food. In most cities, they won't let you just store the food in the garage, even if you have a deep freeze. The good thing about hot dog vending is even when the economy gets bad people can still afford a hot dog. Talking to x hot dog vendors, they claim sales can actually go up when times get hard.

I've been trying to talk my wife into buying a hot dog stand,but she does not want to hear it.You get the right spot and I bet you can make a pretty fair living from it.Looks like alot of fun!!!

Though I haven't done any events yet, I'm told it's not uncommon to bring in a couple thousand a weekend from working events and fairs.

That's a pretty jazzy setup you got there. Do you do brats too or just dogs? I'll take one with relish and peppers :grin:. Best of luck to you.

For now I'm just selling hot dogs, and only Nathan's. I'm trying to keep it simple at first. Eventually I will do brats. I'm told that the smell of steaming brats really brings the crowds.

Nice...theres nothing better then a dirty water dog.When I'm in philly,I always look for those carts.Two hotdogs a bag of chips and a can of soda please.....nice. Good luck;)

AWESOME... I come from new york and my dad used to be a hot dog vendor in the 80s wow miss those days... he made good money back then;)

WISH you all the luck!

Back
Top Bottom