• Forum server maintanace tomorrow night.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What is threshold

partbug

I am thinking of upgrading and need to know what is the threshold it is something you set on the metal detector but what does it do or dont do thanks for your help

It is the faint sound that a detector makes while you are hunting and can be adjusted. I have mine at the point where it can be just picked up with the headphones on. Some people don't like the constant tone and set it just down into the null area, may miss a deep coin or two if set down to far.

The advantage of a threshold is that it lets you know when you machine has passed over something that you have disced out. For instance I only disc out iron on my Sov, so whenever I pass over iron the slight hum (threshold) that I always hear drops out and there is only silence. So I know I just passed over iron even though i do not get a signal.

Thanks it is still a little confusing if I have detector with out (threshold) and I. disced out iron I get nothing when I go over iron , If my detector has (threshold) I disced out iron I get nothing but I know I went over iron ?

Thanks it is still a little confusing if I have detector with out (threshold) and I. disced out iron I get nothing when I go over iron , If my detector has (threshold) I disced out iron I get nothing but I know I went over iron ?

right, you know you went over iron because the quiet buzz you usually hear dissappears for a second. then it comes back after a second.

Older detectors used threshold tones, so you heard a slight humming at all times. When that hum changed just a tiny bit, it was easy to hear (and you knew there was metal there). You couldn't hear this without headphones, by the way.

Most modern detectors don't use a threshold tone. They just beep when they pass over a target.

Most modern detectors don't use a threshold tone. They just beep when they pass over a target.

??? My Sov GT has a threshold... I'm pretty sure the Etrac has one too?

I have been looking at the Tesoro Deleon It has threshold nob did not know if this was something I needed but I understand now Thank guys

Back
Top Bottom