Northern Illinois Meeting!

amxfred

Elite Member
A couple of us were wondering if there is enough interest from fellow detectorists in northern Illinois to have a meeting so we could meet each other and then plan some group hunts. For example, if we scheduled a meeting in March or April for a Saturday morning breakfast at the Clocktower Inn restaurant (I 39 & I 90 exit) in Rockford, how many of you would be interested enough to attend? Count me in!

count me in, my hometown and have 100 acres of hunting ground w old homestead on it. I think it is hunted out (cause I haven't found anything lately) but would be willing to give others a try.

sounds good. I could use some help with learning more and other needs.

I would be interested. If time allows
I am always up to meeting new people and hunting different places
I belong to this group here already http://www.glhr.com/
There a good bunch of people
They have group hunts every month and other stuff

I have a couple of places lined up here but not sure a group hunt would be a good idea. I can probably find a few places around here somewhere.

Yes, here is Dixon. I should have been a bit more clear in my posting, sorry. I have a couple of local places lined up but doubt the owners would want me bring a group of people onto the property. There are some other possibilities around the Dixon area that we might be able to hunt. I'll start working on them.

I smell Spring?

Count me in!

My mom passed away on Christmas and I'm in the process of clearing up her affairs here in downtown Chicago. I should have everything wrapped up by then.

It would be great to meet everyone.

Thanks...

Thanks Amxfred... all is well so far...

Hey PAID...

I should be able to make next months meeting, YAY! Things are winding down on my side and I'll be back living in Grayslake. It was a pretty fun and VERY interesting last meeting

Thanks Amxfred... all is well so far...

Hey PAID...

I should be able to make next months meeting, YAY! Things are winding down on my side and I'll be back living in Grayslake. It was a pretty fun and VERY interesting last meeting

Hope to see you there I didnt make this months meeting
I plan to make the next one
I think there having a pizza party/get together at Bills pub in mundelein this month sometime dont know when exactly
I hope/think they will send a e mail out

The Clocktower is great. I just wanted to see if anybody else had an idea they wanted to suggest. Are we thinking March (Is the ground still frozen?) or are we talking April to be safe?

The Clocktower is great. I just wanted to see if anybody else had an idea they wanted to suggest. Are we thinking March (Is the ground still frozen?) or are we talking April to be safe?

Some years it is still frozen. As most people who have lived in northern Illinois long enough know early spring is a crap shoot. I've been sunburned in late March and seen snow in early April.

Back
Top Bottom